B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old Yesterday, 16:55   #41
Springer
Ambassador

Re: It Was the Dawn of the Third Age of B5-Watching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Well, we're done.

The Ex was suitably impressed by "Wheel of Fire" and then the "Objects" pair. They kept saying, "This feels like a finale! How is there more?" And they downright shrieked, followed by a string of obscenities (well, just one obscenity, really... but a lot of it), when the Keeper in the bottom of the jar was revealed.

Much satisfaction at "the next generation". Many tears at all the goodbyes.

They were expecting something entirely different from "Sleeping in Light" -- largely because they had gotten the future's chronology scrambled a bit (it's an easy mistake, misremembering the future!) and thought Londo and G'Kar were still alive. This was cleared up quickly, but I think it took a little mental adjustment, and much disappointment that Londo & G'Kar couldn't be in the finale. On the other hand, less irritation with Lennier's abrupt departure than I had expected. But even though Sheridan was one of their least-favorite characters ("He's just not that interesting") the tears still flowed, and flowed, and flowed, at the parting.

I got a text this morning: "I cried all the way home... thank you for everything."

End of an era. We began watching almost four years ago, when we were much younger and very much in love... now we still care for each other,, but we have changed so much. Not unlike the characters, over a similar span of years. And I find that I'm emotional in my usual way at the end of the show, but with a slightly different feel to it. This was the last unresolved thread of our plotline together, the Ex and I, and now it's done. So there's that extra dose of bittersweetness.

Moreover, I do not know when or if I will pass this way again, so to speak. It may be a long, long time before I watch [i]Babylon 5[i] to the end again. I will always love this show, but there are other stories I should not neglect (including a few of my own). And so much work to be done, always.

And now this thread is finished, I think, or nearly. And this website feels like the station, empty and waiting to be closed down. I think I'll be on my way.

So I say goodbye to you all, and to the show. But I think I'll say goodbye in Minbari, so to speak -- that is, there is always the possibility that I shall see this place, and this story, once again.
I just want to say, if this is your last post here, then that's a really lovely way to sign-off.

Myself, I don't think I could watch Sleeping in Light again. I don't like goodbyes (or tears!).
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote