• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"JAG" ends its 10-year run

LondosHair

Regular
\"JAG\" ends its 10-year run

Clicky

I really enjoyed this show for a number of years. I've kinda lost track of it for the last few seasons, but at least it will all be out on DVD one day.

Wonder where I'm gonna get my Catherine Bell fix now?? :( :p

Re: \"JAG\" ends its 10-year run

I used to watch JAG all the time when I was actually home at night to see it. But My work schedule eventually didn't allow me to watch it any more, and I lost track of what was going on. But when I did see the show, I liked it. :cool:

Wow, 10 years? That's a good run for a TV show that NBC originally dumped. Apparently, CBS did a better job with it.

What were the final ranks of all the main characters? I'm assuming each got promoted at least once within a span of 10 years.

I love articles like that: "Faltering Ratings of Late"

No SHIT Sherlock. This last season they moved it from its Tuesday slot to Friday. Tell me one show whose ratings IMPROVE by moving it to a Friday?

Sci-Fi gets away with it, because they drum things up for their Friday Night Lineup. Other networks dump their shows they want to mothball on Fridays.

I watched it on and off a lot over the years. I'll admit the last 2 seasons have been disappointing. They always seem to keep teasing the whole Harm/Mac thing, and it just kept getting old. I hope they do some sort of nice finale for it. But since the last episode is the end of this month...and that episode is probably already filmed, then Im guessing it wont.

This season was really a downer too, because the Admiral left, and the General that replaced him just couldnt fill the shoes...

LH:

If you want your Catherine Bell fix...just tune into USA Network. They run JAG about as often on there, as Sci-Fi runs Stargate SG1 episodes...

I also read that they might do a spin off of Catherine Bell's character, but who knows.

Meh,

Her whole storyline is getting pretty weak at this point. She dates just about everyone on the show, but never gets hitched. Talks all the time about her and Harm, yet they never actually go through with anything. I find myself really not caring about her "character" anymore to be honest. I think the whole thing with her and Webb was pretty weak and contrived. Now she is sterile and can't have kids?

I'll say it again, Meh. Trying to start out a series with her as the lead, after 8 years of teasing really is of no interest to me.

Don't get me wrong, it still has more than its share of good episodes, its just some of the character stuff with those two has been beaten to death. This year they have been trying some new things which I think worked well.

JAG has always been a show I liked to watch, even though I only watched it on USA. The show has a lot of eye-candy. :D I did like the stories and the characters and how it sometimes mirrored real life events. Now I know it's about as realistic as Law & Order or CSI, but I can't but feel it gives me a glimpse into military, particularly officers. Except I have never seen a sailor as good looking as Harmon Rabb. Still, 10 years is a good run for a TV show, and we'll have DVDs. I have probably not seen about 8 seasons worth of it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back