• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

For all those who wonder about Scifi's true colors

Re: For all those who wonder about Scifi\'s true co

I doubt there are any subliminal messages ... why put them in a movie only a few people saw and those people barely kept their eyes on the screen or even open? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Loadhan, your logic is impeccable. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I actually read the book, Battlefield Earth, long before the movie. It wasn't too bad but it needed to be shortened by at least a half. I don't remember any messages in the book subliminal or otherwise - just a long, long Sci Fi story.

Recently, I saw the movie's star John T. (can't remember how to spell his name) on TV and he said that it couldn't have been too bad because it made almost 100 million! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hubbard was really a sci-fi author. The whole Scientology thing was really more like a hobby.

I am jealous, though- my hobbies seem pretty boring compared to founding a joke religion.

Looking strictly at the Subject Heading, I'm picturing a striped room (walls and floor) alternating between an ugly burnt orange and a pea soup green, with a purple ceiling. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
... with puce polka dot window treatments! And avocado shag carpetting /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I begin to feel queasy, and Londo is backing away from me, fearing for his buttons. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wasn't scientology the church that Hubbard created on a bet? .. because Hienlen (or someone.. can't remember) bet him that he couldn't create a religion and get followers? I dunno, could all just be BS, but I remember reading that somewhere.

Yes but did one of you procalim "Wow! Let's do that again!" before being restrained by the tail

Er ..... no!

Frankly two hours of those little wooden puppets would have been better than BE, IMHO.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hubbard was really a sci-fi author. The whole Scientology thing was really more like a hobby.

I am jealous, though- my hobbies seem pretty boring compared to founding a joke religion.

I thought that by the end of his life, he was taking the church he invented seriously. At least the profits coming from it.

I heard an interview with Harlan Ellison probably about a year or two ago. He said that the science fiction writing community just couldn't believe it when all of that happened. He was a well respected sci-fi author before the whole scientology thing took off, I guess.

I have never been tempted to see the movie Battlefield Earth or whatever it's called. Why put money into the pockets of these guys? Besides, it didn't take long to hear that the movie really does stink. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I was pretty hard on the Star Wars episode I. But I can't honestly say it "stunk". /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

After you realize you could make some money it behooves you to present it as if you take it seriously.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back