B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 9th 19, 17:32   #1
Demonn
First One

The Mandalorian (On Disney+)

So Star Wars... I am of the opinion that Disney has effed that all up. I tried to watch the new movies. I did, I really did, and I got a couple minutes into the second one. I just Couldn't watch it. It was sad... so sad for me. I felt like they made me quit Star Wars...

I was DONE... Completely done.

Then I saw the trailer for The Mandalorian a few weeks ago. It hooked me in the face like I was a fishy... Gonna check it out. New characters, set 5 years after Return of the Jedi...

Anybody else gonna check it out?
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th 19, 15:55   #2
Looney
Telepath

Re: The Mandalorian (On Disney+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post

Anybody else gonna check it out?
I am VERY torn. I don't want to give Disney more of my money. I don't want to subscribe to another streaming service. I don't think I'll actually devote the time to watching all of it. I'm not the biggest fan of the new movies, but I admit I've loved certain parts - but hated other parts. I can't imagine it will save the franchise. BUT I think the big problem is I want it to be good and to salvage what was lacking in the movies so I am curious.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th 19, 03:51   #3
Demonn
First One

A guy I work with doesn't want to spend the money either... he said he'd wait and see what scenes get put on YouTube. The stuff I've seen on there is already enough for me. They showed off his ship since it's all live action and they're using miniatures or models...

Mandalorian Gunship named The Razor Crest...
Old October 25th 19, 14:18   #4
Sinclair

I'm sure I'll end up checking it out, especially since there are two other Star Wars series in the works. I figure I can spend the $68 for the year. The show itself has some great names attached to it as far as directing goes.
Old October 28th 19, 16:44   #5
Demonn
First One

When I first heard about this someone said it was gonna be Boba Fett... I think they've moved on from that idea but it's still possibly Boba. They don't give a name for him. That alone is kinda interesting... you got a no named Mandalorian Bounty Hunter with underworld connections going around snatching people up in a chaotic time full of work... He could possibly be wanted himself. Whatever his name is, it's gonna be an epic reveal. I hope...
Old October 29th 19, 12:38   #6
Springer
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
When I first heard about this someone said it was gonna be Boba Fett... I think they've moved on from that idea but it's still possibly Boba. They don't give a name for him. That alone is kinda interesting... you got a no named Mandalorian Bounty Hunter with underworld connections going around snatching people up in a chaotic time full of work... He could possibly be wanted himself. Whatever his name is, it's gonna be an epic reveal. I hope...
That would be a heck of a twist though Boba should really look like Temuera Morrison, since he's a clone of Jango, and the Mandalorian is being played by Pedro Pascal. But I'd love it if Boba somehow survived the Sarlacc Pit in ROTJ and has a face-off with the Mandalorian at some point!

I love the cast they've got for this Pedro Pascal, Carl Weathers, Werner Herzog, Gina Carano, Nick Nolte and it's cool seeing all the Star Wars aliens again in the latest trailer. Really does feel like Star Wars! Shame I won't get to see it until they release the Blu-Ray over here... Disney aren't even launching their new channel in the UK until next year (really Disney, that's just going to increase piracy), and I've no intention of subscribing for just one show (besides, my money will already be going to Amazon Prime for The Expanse, Picard, Jack Ryan, LOTR...)
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th 19, 20:43   #7
Sinclair

Anyone else catch this yet?

I'll keep it spoiler free and say that I enjoyed it. The new characters were cool and interesting and it should be fun to see how they develop along with way.
Old November 17th 19, 23:15   #8
Looney
Telepath

I haven't watched it. I am trying to not purchase Disney+ and everyone is making it so difficult.
Old November 19th 19, 18:12   #9
Looney
Telepath

No longer resistant since it is only adding $1 to my already existing Hulu account. Thoughts on THE MANDALORIAN will be expressed as soon as I have processed Episode One.
Old November 20th 19, 15:29   #10
Looney
Telepath

So I really enjoyed it. It had a certain feel to it I am having trouble describing. I mean it REALLY went for the Western vibe, but that isn't it. I think the thing that got me most was Nick Nolte. Something about that character and the way he spoke took me back to the 1980s. He was like a character from so many 80's Science Fiction and Fantasy stories. Everything about him, but in particular it was the cadence and dialogue. If I can put my finger on a specific comparison I will be sure to come back and let you know.