• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

When will it end!?!

Sinclair

How in the hell can people be entertained by this?

It's bad enough they made a first one, not to mention a second one, but now they're seriously doing a third?

I pity those who keep these shows on the air.

I hope they DO make it, so this "reality TV" phase finally gets the long, lingering, excruciating death it SO deserves. Reality TV as a whole is already suffering lower ratings this year, I hope this crappy show makes 'em continue to fall.

There's nothing "real" about "The Real World."

I dunno... I think a lot of the show are suffering low ratings because there are just so many of them. You know how it is- one thing works, so they make a million copies.

The most successful shows on TV still include reality. It's just that for reality to continue to succeed, they need to constantly do new things. The novelty is the key to its success.

If reality "dies," it won't be because people don't like the genre, because they do, but because they'll run out of ideas.

Frankly, I'm not surprised reality is popular. We've all seen every comedy sitcom show and crime/cop drama a zillion times. We know every plot, every charater archetype over and over. BORING. Conventional TV should die as quick as reality. Frankly, I'm more surprised that Everybody Loves Raymond and CSI are still popular than reality.

If reality TV runs out of ideas, I tend to shudder at what might come next.

And GKE, its unrelated, but here is an article I thought you'd enjoy. Thank Fark. :)

Reality TV rarely relates to real life.
In fact, the only 'real' movie Paris made, 'One night in Paris' is now available for public consumption on DVD. And that's not all that great... for the genre.

;)

heres a good idea for a reality show.

get a few b-list celebs who are after the exposure and send them to Guantanamo bay for a few years - oh yes and forget to pack the camera - and any food - and any toiletries.

leave em there for a few years and forget about em.

watch something more entertaining instead like ''a brick wall''

:D

Reality TV rarely relates to real life.
In fact, the only 'real' movie Paris made, 'One night in Paris' is now available for public consumption on DVD. And that's not all that great... for the genre.

;)

Someone spent the whole night in Paris? ;)

Back