• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TT, EE, DVD

Elenopa

Regular
Cryptic subject title eh? ;)
How many of you got it?

Anyway, I got the extended DVD of TT for Christmas and wondered if it was worth searching for an Easter Egg. Is there one?

Yeah, the Gollum acceptance speach for MTV.
Check the scene selection for a ring you can highlight. I believe it's on the second movie disc.

Worth finding.

That's on the DVD? I saw that last night actually, downloaded it (the clip with SMG) and even as a non-LOTR fan, I found it amusing.

But not as amusing as a the Alias spoof I saw. :LOL:

Yeah, the Gollum acceptance speach for MTV.
Check the scene selection for a ring you can highlight. I believe it's on the second movie disc.

I'll look, but I forgot to mention that I am R2, so it may not be on my disk.

As a proud region 2 citizen, yes, acceptance speech of gollum is on the DVD. It was first DVD if I recall coorectly.

I wonder if there's an uncensored version kicking around (no beeps). I think it is funny, even if I liked to one on the Fellowship DVD better.
I went to see the triple feature, and when The Council of Elrond came up you could hear by the sudden giggling who had seen the eater egg :D

You have my axe... :LOL: :LOL:

I've tried to find it, but I don't think R2 has the Easter Egg. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place still.

Anyone else from the UK found it?

I've tried to find it, but I don't think R2 has the Easter Egg. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place still.

Anyone else from the UK found it?

Fellow R2er here.

I have found a "hidden surprise" to quote Peter Jackson on the FotR Extended DVD. If you follow the instructions as outlined above (but on disc 2 not 1) and press down from the last chapter an image of two towers will appear.

The hidden surprise is the original theatrical trailer for TTT which was shown with FotR towards the end of its initial run.

I have searched high and low but can find absolutely nothing on the Two Towers Extended DVD.

So, once again, it appears that we R2 fans are the poor relations.

:mad:

The Gollum short is not on the R2 as was the case with the council of Elrond these are only on the R1 (don't know about the other regions). I do believe that both of these can be downloaded of the net.

What?! It IS on Region 2 release also! I have it on mine, My friends have it on theirs R2 discs, everyone who owns it and I'm aware of it know it! From what country are you from? I mean, I live in Finland and I swear that I have it. I can take even screenshots from that clip. But here in Northern Europe, TTT:EE has that gollum in exactly same place as where you can find "lord of the piercing" on FOTR:EE.

P.S The reason why I asked the country you live in is simple. In uk version it maybe cut out. Wouldn't be the first time when UK has left without "offensive DVD material" so to speak.

EDIT: And to previous poster. R2 release has "alternative version of Council of Elrond also. It is not left out. I don't know about UK, but in the Northern Europe, its there.

I am Region 4. The "Council of Elrond" Easter-egg is on my disc - and the TTT trailer of FOTR-EE.
And my R4 TTT-EE has the MTV Movie Awards clip on it.

Come to think of it, I have heard strange stories before about stuff being cut in Britain that wouldn't even raise any eyebrow elsewhere [even here and kiwwis can be pretty uptight sometimes].
Ie, I heard that an eposide of ST-TNG was withheld from broadcast for years because the subject dealt with terrorism and oppressive governments.
I also heard that a season 5 ep of B5 got censored. I can't remember the name of the Ep, but it was the scene where Delenn walks into Sheridan's office yelling "bastards!". Then after ranting for a couple of minutes, she collapses and it turns out she's pregnant. Well, I read that the word "bastards!" got cut, and the scene then made no sense.

I also heard that a season 5 ep of B5 got censored. I can't remember the name of the Ep, but it was the scene where Delenn walks into Sheridan's office yelling "bastards!". Then after ranting for a couple of minutes, she collapses and it turns out she's pregnant. Well, I read that the word "bastards!" got cut, and the scene then made no sense.

That scene was cut in the first showing of the episode, but that was because it was screened at 11 a.m. during a school holiday period. The episode was screened again a week later at 11 p.m. and the scene was restored.

Back