• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Torchwood Season 2 - UK viewers

Elenopa

Regular
Opening episode was very cool.

James Masters was in Spike mode and had some of the best lines. Loved the Star Wars quote.

Looking good for the rest of the season.

Not to worry Galahad,

You can stream it from the BBC iPlayer for the next week if you want to see it ... or watch the "specially editted" pre-watershed version at 7pm tonight. Might check it out just to see what they have done to it.

:D

Overall, thought the first ep was great, a bit tighter than season one was, less chaotic feeling, and benefitted enormously from a slightly developed team dynamic within TW itself. Really looking forward to the rest of the series now.

My view on S1 was strange. In the cold light of day I could list pages and pages of stuff that was pointless, poorly executed, ridiculous, overblown and a bit crap, but I still loved it. Weird!

Not to worry Galahad,

You can stream it from the BBC iPlayer for the next week if you want to see it ... or watch the "specially editted" pre-watershed version at 7pm tonight. Might check it out just to see what they have done to it.

:D

It's bound to be repeated on BBC 3 at least twice before the next apisode... such is the way of things.

It was really great, seems more like a Wheadon show than the slow messy last season. James Masters had something to do with that. I think US sales helped secure a better budget.

Well, a few episodes in and I am loving this show now. Its getting as good as Buffy / Angel in their prime, IMHO.

Bringing Martha in for a few episodes has really helped. The fact that she now works for UNIT is obviously a spoiler for the next Who season. The cast have gelled, and Ianto is now brill.

Jack is happy in this one, and them team are as well. Even unleashing Death by accident can't seem to slow it all down.

It's quite decent right now. Though the show's quality generally skyrockets whenever Chris Chibnall is not writing, and becomes incredibly shite whenever he writes again. So I'm expecting the show to remain decent, up to the last three episodes :p

Other good things recently:
* Ianto's character. While he's still not a great character,
* Martha! Though she was pretty wasted in the last episode.
* The way they are generally completely ignoring some of the crap Chris Chibnall wrote in the first season, like that Ianto's "character arc" from cybermanshagger to Jacksnogger, and Gwen's affair with Owen. While its kind of lame having to forget everything that has previously happened with each episode, it's a lot easier than trying to figure out why Ianto's reaction to Jack killing his girlfriend is wanting hot sex from him. Or trying to figure out what Toshiko actually DOES.
* Owen being central to recent episodes. Unlike Jack, he's played by an actor, so this is good.

I *am* tired of "living dead" plots. Buffy was a great show IN SPITE OF constant living-dead stories, not because of. :p Also getting boring: rapid aging, which is miraculously reversed. Which is not to say that this last episode wasn't bloody creepy.

More interesting: The sleeper agents.

Well, a few episodes in and I am loving this show now. Its getting as good as Buffy / Angel in their prime, IMHO.

Good one. :LOL:

Have I ever told you how I thought Buffy and Angel were pretty average shows backed up by smug knowing dialogue ?? ;)

Oh yes, rather a lot... :p

Have I ever told you how I thought Buffy and Angel were pretty average shows backed up by smug knowing dialogue ?? ;)

Oh yes, rather a lot... :p

Well .. maybe. I wasn't paying much attention :p

It's actually true, though, that Buffy and Angel are both, from their very concepts, completely retarded. Just that with superiour writing, and the best smug dialogue ever, I still enjoyed them both immensely.

No more retarded than an immorital bi-sexual chorus line singer fighting aliens with a bunch of weirdos. Funny what we find entertaining.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back