• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jerry Doyle on TMoS rumors.

Thank you, Flounder. That pretty much answers my question. :eek:

I'm not one for chat rooms or newsgroups, but this was brought to my attention by numerous people, and here's my response…
F*** Joe and his typical controlling bull****.

Heaven forbid a man to retain control over his biggest television project. :rolleyes:

Joe can say what he wants. He can spout his crap about how "he's the man" around which all things B5 spin. At least I'm still trying to bring back what should never have been taken off the air. The fans deserve the show. Joe's ego deserves a much bigger person.

Yea, Einstein Doyle, he is the man around which all things B5 spin. :rolleyes: I'm glad that tiny little fact finally penetrated your brain. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What an ass. I hope I never see him in a B5 related project again. It'll just spoil my image of a very good character.

Now, now. This is actually fairly old news now. I have never gotten the impression that JMS holds grudges on such things and firmly believe he would bring JD back, and most likely will.

However, that said, my point that WB may not want him attached to the project is valid, considering the venom JD spat out. Hollywood tends to react badly to such things and has been known to close doors on people for being public asses. So ultimately, my thoughts that it may be out of JMS' hands are valid.

CE

Here's a thought I just had.

JD has complained that Babylon 5 should never have ended when it did, that jms should have kept it going. Knowing what we know about the goings-on regarding TNT and Crusade -- that once TNT analyzed that viewers that tuned in for the fifth season of Babylon 5 only stayed around to watch B5 and that the regular viewers of TNT tuned out when B5 came on and it was once they got this analysis after they'd signed to do Crusade that they decided to do what they could to end Crusade without directly breaking the contract themselves -- wouldn't it then seem likely that they would have treated a sixth season of Babylon 5 the same way?

Very good point VL.
It was not creative decisions that killed of the franchsie but studio politcs. This would have been the same what ever format B5 continued in.
JD did not clearly understand this then, not did he when he posted that info on IGN. Shame really.

I just don't get the anger. :confused:

I mean, didn't JMS make it painfully clear that this was, tops, a 5-year project? Didn't he make it clear he might get rid of any of their characters sooner than that?

I seem to recally with my fuzzy memory something I read that Andreas Katsulas said. Something about how rare it was for an actor like him to get this quality work, how much he'd miss it, etc, etc.

Heavens, imagine that! He was grateful to the man, not cursing at him. :rolleyes:

I mean, didn't JMS make it painfully clear that this was, tops, a 5-year project?

Yeah, he did.

Right from the off he made it clear that he intended B5 to be a five year series with a definite beginning, middle and end. Never at any point was there a chance of it going beyond 5 seasons as far as JMS was concerned.

As one of the actors in right from the pilot, I am sure JD was always well aware of that. Could his anger stem from frustration that his acting career has flatlined since B5 finished and he thinks JMS owed it to him to keep it going beyond the original plan, just to keep him in a job?

:p

I think JD thought "why quit while we're ahead, working so well together, people watching, and earning money?" I think JD was being that guy saying "Hey, why don't we do this! Come on guys! Let's go! Come on! Get off your ass!" :cool: and reacting to JMS "obstructing him" and not being enthusiastic enough. (You know those people saying "Nah, we can't be bothered.") JD failed to understand that that was not the reason why his initiative didn't work. JD knows about unfair hiring practices, sexual harassment and other Hollywood problems, but he doesn't really know much about studio politics and TV markets as JMS does.
I like JD being contrary sometimes, but this time he was way over the top. There are always new stories to tell, but that particular B5 story has been told; and very well.
Do you want more B5 just for the sake of more B5? Or do you want it to be good? (I.e. deal worked out properly, with enough freedom and resources to get it done.)

To be fair, JD isn't the only one who's expressed frustration/anger/puzzlement over the end of B5. I've seen Bruce Boxleitner, Pat Tallman and Jeffrey Willerth express the exact same thing at conventions.

He's the only one I've seen who's claimed to be being instrumental in bringing the show back, though.

Jan

But have the others been venomous about it, or merely nostalgic, as in "Gee, it sure woulda been nice"

It's my understanding JD has come off pretty venomously, as if he'd been personally betrayed.

It's my understanding JD has come off pretty venomously, as if he'd been personally betrayed.

I know he's come across that way in his responses to JMS not agreeing with him that he was single-handedly going to bring B5 back. I didn't see him acting that way the 2 times I've seen him at cons so I think the two are separate issues. All of the actors I named seem a touch bitter but I think that's a matter of actors who had a great gig feeling like the rug was pulled out from under them. Who but JMS would actually end the story when the story was ended instead of continuing for the sake of continuing?

Jan

Who but JMS would actually end the story when the story was ended instead of continuing for the sake of continuing?

Jan

Not Robert Jordan, that's for sure ;)

:D

You are sure right about that! Its so crazy to keep up with all the things going on (and the diff. chars) that I often skim past parts that don't interest me to get to parts that do.

Hmm. That wasn't polite, I mean what JD said back then, but on the other hand, I kinda figured out that JD is very, how to put this, spontaneous person. He loves his own voice, he loves to be in the middle of it, he loves to think that everyone thinks as he does. I can live with that fact, and I'm pretty sure that JMS can too. Besides, B5 feature film wouldn't be B5 without Garibaldi. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back