• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Favourite Line(s) from any Episode of B5

K

Kaz

Yes, another "favourite" thread again.

So........what's your favourite line(s)?

For example - "I looked at Londo and -- this is the amazing part -- there was a .. tear running down his face. I said: 'Londo, we should leave.' And 'This is upsetting you.' He just stood there and .. listened. And when it was over he turned to me and he said: 'There are 49 gods in our pantheon, Vir. To tell you the truth I never believed in any of them. But if only one of them exist, .. then god sings with that voice." - Vir in SiL.

"If you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say". Lovely.

I used to use some variation of that wordplay myself long before B5, seeing as I always speak my mind, (diplomacy is for people who can't handle the truth and tact is for people who can't accept who they are. If you can't see the problem you can't improve yourself. Humans are such an overly sensitive bunch and are heading route-one to decadence.) but JMS uses it too/officially, so that's ok by me! :)

Sheridan to Bester on the Psi Cop's suggestion he arrest Lyta for being a rogue and take her back to Psi Corp:

"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra."

:LOL:

My favorite lines are when Sheridan explodes in the counsel chambers in the 5th season episode 'And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder.'

"We talked about peace. You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation. You want war, is that it? You want a war, well you got a war!"

The actual lines are aren't as impressive as way Bruce Boxleitner delivers them. It just blew me away and is one scene that I alway remember.

"We shall meet at the hour of scampering."

"I try not to get involved in my own life. It's too complicated."

Just thought of another great line. Not my favourite granted, but still good. - "It's so brief, isn't it? Typical human life span is almost a hundred years, but it's barely a second compared to what's out there. It wouldn't be so bad if life didn't take so long to figure out. Seems you just start to get it right and then...it's over." - Stephen Franklin.

Kaz said:
..."It's so brief, isn't it? Typical human life span is almost a hundred years, but it's barely a second compared to what's out there. It wouldn't be so bad if life didn't take so long to figure out. Seems you just start to get it right and then...it's over." - Stephen Franklin....

Yeah, I love that line and that scene. Rick owns that peformance, and it's even more powerful now given the sadness of his no longer being with us. Being able to watch that scene is my primary motivator for watching that episode.

G'Kar is clearly JMS' philosophical voice as such comes out with loads. I tried using his definition of what god is to his Narn followers (and analysis) on some fundies. But I do love that explanation.

Not too surprisingly, it didn't work!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back