• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Depressed

B5 needs a new TV series anyway, not a movie.. The only reason I wanted TMoS to succeed was because it might have led to a new series. Movies are good for spectacle, not so good for storytelling..

I also forgot shot with a PPG. Mind you I could have said death by chocolate and death by sex but that would have been too nice. :LOL:

And if you could see a new B5 series, what would you want in it? ;)

I don't really care--I just want a good series that JMS can make without network interference. That would be such a relief.

Tammy

I'd consider it an honour to die beside you, KoshFan.

...although I haven't seen this "Firefly" thing you're talking about. (Time to subscribe to DVD rental?)

Meh, Firefly was good, but didn't get enough of a chance to become my favorite over top of B5.

I think saying any show is 'better' than another is pointless, as if a hierarchy of best to worst needs to exist. They are all different shows, and all have their merits, and their audience. I might like one better over another, but that doesn't make it better overall.

No no no no, I would hand 'im over to the Corps and let the Cops use 'im as a practice dummy. (In that alternate B5-is-real universe that we all end up in while daydreaming. C'mon, you know what I'm talking about.)

Movies are good for spectacle, not so good for storytelling.

Right. Let's see those silly movies pull off a Lawrence of Arabia, a Casablanca, a Gone with the Wind, a His Girl Friday, a Godfather or a Citizen Kane. Imagine, trying to tell a story on the big screen. Where do these people get their ideas? :)

Regards,

Joe

Yeah, I didn't think that through.. :eek: I suppose what I meant by that incredibly sweeping statement related more to genre and sci fi movies of the past couple of decades.. Specifically I had in mind the differences between the old and new Star Wars as kind of an extreme example of the triumph of spectacle over non-expository dialogue, grammar, character, emotional involvement etc, symptomatic of the wider trend. Now that's something I find depressing..

And if you could see a new B5 series, what would you want in it? ;)

I bet that topic has been done to death on these boards by now!!

If I could make a new B5 series, I have a pretty good idea what I would put in it. But I'm keeping those ideas close to my chest, just in case ;) (A guy can dream, right?)

I had such plans!!
I was gonna make a home made B5 fan Tshirt and go and watch the movie and announce myself as a proud Babylon 5

Now,it's all gone,hopefully I'll get a chance to use my non-existant t-shirt one of these days

But I am glad that at least now we are not gonna get a recasted B5 Moviw....phew,quite a relief,but at the same time a dissappointment

Thanks JDM for replying to that for me. ;)

RMcD, don't look at the tripe that are the SW prequels and judge the film industry...just judge Lucas.

If you want to see how powerful film can still be, watch the LOTR trilogy. Now, if only JMS had the budget and committment to make a pre-planned B5 trilogy...then think of the epic story he could tell, think of the power, the possibilities!

If I were a decision maker at WB, it would be something I planned on doing ASAP. There is no way it could loose money, period, and allows JMS to tell the bigger kind of stories he tells so well.

But then, I'm not a decision maker...sadly. :(

CE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back