• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I think we've been hacked again.

Damn! That's a lot more than I thought. Don't they realize they get deleted almost immediately? If they do, why do they bother? There are lots of boards that get looked at by the mod only once a week, or even less. You would think they would stick to those.

On some boards I go to with V Bulletin, you have to make a certain number of posts before you can post a link. That might discourage them, if that could be done here.

The list appears endless. I've deleted A LOT and there are still perhaps 60 that registered today.

Well, they register to post links. Check with Antony to see if he can set it so you must enter x number of posts, before you are allowed to post a link. Perhaps that would discourage them.

I've got a friend request on here... which is a bit dodgy because I've always been a bit of a Billy No Mates. Is this a possible scam?

I don't want to be unfriendly so I'd just like to run it by someone first...is "Winged Heron" one of the dodgy accounts (they haven't made a single post), so are they redlisted?

So did I, also from Winged Heron (no posts). I granted it (didn't want to seem unfriendly.). What does granting a friend request entail?

Second thought, I'm temporarily undoing that Friend thingie, until I find out what it does.

Last edited:
So did I, also from Winged Heron (no posts). I granted it (didn't want to seem unfriendly.). What does granting a friend request entail?

Second thought, I'm temporarily undoing that Friend thingie, until I find out what it does.

Same person here... still waiting to see if they are legit before accepting.

Accepting a friend only means that you will mutually be displayed on each other's profile page as a "friend". Also, there is a setting in the User CP to accept messages only from friends. Other than that, there is no other use for them. They don't have any special access to you.

Accepting a friend only means that you will mutually be displayed on each other's profile page as a "friend". Also, there is a setting in the User CP to accept messages only from friends. Other than that, there is no other use for them. They don't have any special access to you.

Ah, I was concerned that it might give them special access, like maybe divulging my main ISP email addy, and then I might get flooded with spam, or worse. :eek: Since, that's not the case, I'll go back and put in that Friend checkmark on that contact. Since I don't accept PMs only from "friends", it really doesn't affect me much.

I didn't PM Winged Heron because I didn't want to make a big deal of it, and just figured he/she was new and wanted to pick some friends based on their posts. (Just a guess.) <shrug>

Damn! That's a lot more than I thought. Don't they realize they get deleted almost immediately? If they do, why do they bother?

Why do spammers spam. New research has shown that the response rate to spam is 1 in 12.5 million. :eek: Yet they make money with that response rate.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back