• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Redemption 05

The first confirmed guest for Redemption 05 is author Jim Mortimore.

On Babylon 5, he has done:

B5 novel- Clark's Law
B5 other- The Security Manual

Dr Who- cowrote Lucifer Rising with Andy Lane, then wrote Blood Heat,
Parasite, Eternity Weeps, The Eye Of Heaven, Beltempest, and the privately
published Campaign.

He contributed The Sword Of Forever to Virgin's Bernice Summerfield range,
and wrote last month's Big Finish audio, The Natural History of Fear
(starring Paul McGann, who described it as the best script he'd had.)

Jim wrote the first original Farscape novel, Dark Side Of The Sun
(under the pseudonym Andrew Dymond), and a book based on the medical drama
series Chicago Hope - both of these, like the B5 books, were for Boxtree.
Jim also novelised the movie Space Truckers, and several episodes of
Cracker.

As well as being a writer, Jim is also a musician, and has composed music
for several Big Finish Dr Who audios, including Project Twilight, Embrace
The Darkness, and The Rapture.

For anyone thinking of coming, PLEASE DO!!!!

I went to Redemption 03 and had a blast. Amongst the highlights were the cake decorating workshop and spending a morning filming a sci-fi epic (seven minutes screen time). I got to do 'ship shake' and useless running along a corridor.

The guests are almost not needed (but we want them to come anyway).

I've been booked in for months :D

On Babylon 5, he has done:
B5 novel- Clark's Law
B5 other- The Security Manual
I wouldn't be playing up Clarke's Law among the B5 fans if I were you! :LOL:

The best thing that can be said for it is that it may have helped convince JMS that he had to take a stonger part in the process of writing B5 novels so as to avoid anything similar in the future.

I'm coming to the UK for the first two months of July; can any of you fine folks from the other side of the pond let me know if there are any cool events / cons during that timeframe? Probably a long shot, but who knows?

Thanks,

-Tim

D'oh! :kicking self:

You mean they still haven't got that bending time thing down over there either? :)

-Tim

We're working on it :p

If you're over here the first 2 weeks in July, looks like you may be in luck:

Nexus

Can I ask a really stupid question? I've never been to a con so bear with me. What do you do there?

Wow! Bristol is my UK home town, Grandma lives in Brentry, right next to Henbury, and I'll be there then! What are the chances of that... I'm glad I asked! Hopefully I'll be there with my better half.

Thanks so much for the link! Peter Jurasik and Robert Llewellyn, its like a dream come true. :)

Anyone care fo meet up with a half Yankee, half-Brit during my summer trip at the convention?

-Tim

Can I ask a really stupid question? I've never been to a con so bear with me. What do you do there?

This will be my first time, too, so I'll let you know in early May :)

People watch, go to panels, meet people who share your interest, meet stars or authors or craftspeople involved in making shows/movies, people watch, see previews of upcoming genre shows/movies, sometimes collect cool freebies, buy stuff from the dealers rooms, people watch (did I mention that?), sing filk songs, attend readings, see models and collections of cool stuff, eat drink and be merry. Oh, and people watch. ;-)

Jan

People watch, go to panels, meet people who share your interest, meet stars or authors or craftspeople involved in making shows/movies, people watch, see previews of upcoming genre shows/movies, sometimes collect cool freebies, buy stuff from the dealers rooms, people watch (did I mention that?), sing filk songs, attend readings, see models and collections of cool stuff, eat drink and be merry. Oh, and people watch. ;-)

You forgot lap-sitting and smooching with one's favorite actor, Jan. That's a very important con event. To me, it just isn't a con _without_ it. :)

Aisling, Chair of Lap-Sitting and Smooching

You forgot lap-sitting and smooching with one's favorite actor, Jan. That's a very important con event. To me, it just isn't a con _without_ it. :)

Ais, I was sure that you'd want to tell about that 'activity' all by yourself! I wouldn't want to become one of your nemeses! <g>

Jan

Aisling, Chair of Lap-Sitting and Smooching

If a) Gary Cole attended conventions and b) I tried lap-sitting, the poor man would end up with a pair of broken legs! :LOL:

For anyone who plans to go to Redemption 05 (details in my sig) and hasn't yet booked, now is a good time to do so as the next price rise is just a month away. The full cost for an adult for the weekend is currently £45 and that will rise to £50 after the end of August. You can book online or download a membership form from the Redemption web site:

http://www.smof.com/redemption

or send an sae for a form to Lesley McIntee, 26 Kings Meadow View, Wetherby LS22 7FX, UK

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back