• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Call to Arms: Fighting for the original cast

Favorite recurring character: All seasons

• Yes, I have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I haven't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: A Call to Arms: Fighting for the original cas

Or are we talking about a U.S.domestic box office opening week?
Every opening week must be followed by something (or the opening will be considered poor indeed).

While not among *first* viewers... eventually I too received an opportunity to watch B5 (and buy the DVD disks).

Since nobody from Warner objected to me buying them... I presume they considered the exchange welcome... and might be interested in repeating it. For that, they need knowledge of what I prefer... and what I don't.

Should the people outside U.S. write any letters as well?
Or are we talking about a U.S.domestic box office opening week?

We don't yet know how they would release it so yes, do please send letters no matter where you are.

Thanks,
Jan

I've never even considered writing to a studio about anything, but it seems as if this is the only chance we have in getting the B5 movie the way it was meant to be. Needless to say, my letter has been sent. Let's just hope they do some good.

My only complaint: the "B5 Bucks" look too cute to give away. After printing and trimming them "double-sided and forgery quality", I had serious trouble convincing myself to send them away. :eek:

But eventually I did... along with a short message asking permission to convey some light-hearted "advance credit" for undertaking a promising project.

I also explained my anticipation for un-compromised JMS writing, and seeing the original cast alongside new actors. Upon which occasion I would be delighted to view the movie in cinema (and likewise glad if Warner published a DVD).

I think it looks like the credit for the bills' creation go to SciFiRanger an Amy Guskin. And the Ad-hoc committee, I'd guess.

Very smart idea. When I get around to writing my second letter, I'll definitely include the bills. :)

The word is out.

News of Joe's B5 Bucks idea has reached Cinescape.com!!!

Thanks for letting us know!

If anybody else sees articles anyplace, please post so we know that what we're doing is working.

Jan

I think it looks like the credit for the bills' creation go to SciFiRanger an Amy Guskin. And the Ad-hoc committee, I'd guess.

Yes, SciFiRanger and Amy were the ones who designed tha Bucks.

Very smart idea. When I get around to writing my second letter, I'll definitely include the bills. :)

Just a reminder that time is growing shorter by the day.

Thanks,
Jan

The word is out.

News of Joe's B5 Bucks idea has reached Cinescape.com!!!

Not to mention Joe D himself was mentioned in the article, and they his exact post from above! :)

This is as good a sign as any that word HAS spread, and with Cinescape posting that, it can only help more.

Sent two letters out today, one with just the letter and one with a Million Babylon Bucks sheet and five 10 Babylon Bucks sheets (representing friends I'll treat to the movie). Three of the bucks were of my own design inside the oval (two different poses of Galen, and one showing both the B5 and Crusade casts).

Tomorrow, a Galen Million Babylon Bucks sheet will go out with a hand printed note at the bottom.

If I've learned one thing in my time in the Babylon 5 community, it's that Joseph DeMartino is NEVER wrong about this stuff.

So then, in true Galaxy Quest style I say to the WB's top brass, "DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE SHOW!?!?!?" :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

I've sent my letter, without the :mad: :mad: :mad: of course.

Another nice article and good press for the cause. I LOVE this quote from it:

Right now, there's someone over at Paramount laughing like an idiot at Warner Bros.' expense, probably remembering the five minutes someone actually thought about recasting the parts from the original Star Trek series.

Right now, there's someone over at Paramount laughing like an idiot at Warner Bros.' expense, probably remembering the five minutes someone actually thought about recasting the parts from the original Star Trek series.

Yeah, I really hope they realize that would be the worst idea ever. I mentioned such in the letter I sent. Politely, of course. ;)

I added a post on my blog to promote action! Hopefully it'll attract all kinds of folks to this cause!

Jendia

Yes, great quote.

Recasting is monumentally stupid. It's hard to understand why they would waste their money in that way. I'll admit that I'm still a bit skeptical, since it seems so dumb, but if Joe is convinced, then he's probably right. And, as I said previously, even if wrong, all those letters can't hurt!

You Da Man, Joe. My letter went out with Monday’s mail (1/10/2005).

“Joe DeMartino is always right. I will listen to Joe DeMartino. I will not ignore Joe DeMartino’s recommendations. Joe DeMartino is God.” :D

Yeah, I really hope they realize that would be the worst idea ever. I mentioned such in the letter I sent. Politely, of course. ;)

JMS in the voice of Mark Hamill: "Fans!"

Fans in the voice of Harrison Ford: "JMS! Together again, huh?"

JMS in the voice of Mark Hamill:"Wouldn't miss it."

Fans in the voice of Harrison Ford:"How are we doing?"

JMS in the voice of Mark Hamill:"Same as always."

Fans in the voice of Harrison Ford:"That bad, huh?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back