• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The merits of Byron

Heh. :LOL: Well done, Antony.

C'mon, now. Byron wasn't ALL bad. There was that last scene where he erupted in a huge ball of flame. THAT was good, right?

Re: Cutting Byron from season 5

I wonder...what things would have been had Claudia stayed on the show. Byron was supposed to be her love interest. :rolleyes: Right. Like she would take just any British guy.

I think the general idea was that she was making a mistake/rebounding by going for him. Or at least it would have been.

*nod* Very big mistake. I never knew why Marcus was cut short, either. Did Jason want out of his contract or did JMS just decide that suddenly, or was it always written that way? I read an interview with Jason from end of 4th season where he was very hyper, and excited about the fifth season. Kind of odd...

Who knows. I think JMS has a tendency to fudge details sometimes as suits. :)

From what I've read, he seemed to speak like Markas's death was always destined to be.

It was planned for Marcus to be killed off so Byron could be brought in. This set up Season 5.

Damn this for not being real :eek: ;)

Good job though, yes :D .. one of the best April fool's jokes I've seen so far :D

No .. he wasn't

He was worse :eek:

Why? What was so bad with him? *L*

Let me start with what wasn't so bad about him :eek:

*thinks*

Sorry. Can't think of a thing :eek:

Chili, his death was quite a good thing.

And those episodes after after he was dead, those were good Byron episoes.

I'd think you guys would be eternally grateful to the character Byron. Thanks to him you got to see a sex scene with Pat Tallman. :devil:

True. That was about the only good thing about Byron; he got Pat Tallman out of her clothes, something that should have happened much more often. :devil:

I think Byron was great for Lyta. He gave her something to do. She still got the raw end of the deal, in the end, but at least she was entertained for a time. :-D

I like Byron, and will never understand people's hatred for him. He started out a member of PsyCorps, as evil as Bester, killing mundanes without compunction. He came to see how evil that was, and chose a path of peace. He tried to lead his followers on that path, and to safety from PsyCorps, and the terrible oppression they faced. He failed, but gave his life trying. He was a hero. A tragic one, but a hero, none the less. Letting his hair, he and his followers' clothes and singing, blind you to that is petty and stupid.

Jade... it's a TV show. If we want to hate him for having a spot on his nose, it hardly matters or is the end of the world.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back