• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Andreas Katsulas and the Oscar 2007 memorial reel

Do the Emmys or the SAG (Screen Actors Guild) Awards have a memorial reel? IIRC, we tried to get Andreas recognized in the Emmy Awards Show, but did we try the SAG Award Show?

Mac, I don't think the SAG Awards are even televised. As for the Emmys, I've said this before: the Emmys will never honor Andreas. The only tv show in which he had a regular role last aired in 1998, and it was a science fiction show. Film is where he had a real, ongoing career. TV, he was virtually unknown. Except to sf fans.

Well, that's very disappointing news, but not surprising given that we are talking about the American Motion Picture Academy. ;) I wasn't hold out much hope, but I wish they had fooled me this once. On the plus side I can now dump that sizable hi-def recording from my DVR and save the time it would have taken me to fast-forward to the tributes.

At least we tried. And it is nice to hear that Johnny Sekka was honored at the British awards.

Regards,

Joe

Here here on all that you said.

Mac, I don't think the SAG Awards are even televised. As for the Emmys, I've said this before: the Emmys will never honor Andreas. The only tv show in which he had a regular role last aired in 1998, and it was a science fiction show. Film is where he had a real, ongoing career. TV, he was virtually unknown. Except to sf fans.

I have seen Melissa Gilbert as SAG President on British tv at a union do. So something is televised. Having got rid of her whether Babylon 5 is still in the SAG good books is a different matter.

Mac, I don't think the SAG Awards are even televised.

http://www.sagawards.com/
The SAG Awards are televised on TNT/TBS. :eek:
http://www.sagawards.com/PR_070128.htm

As for the Emmys, I've said this before: the Emmys will never honor Andreas.

Don't attach any inflection to the following question. It is simply a straight question.
Did anybody try, or did we just assume they wouldn't bother with a largely sci-fi actor/character actor?

The only tv show in which he had a regular role last aired in 1998, and it was a science fiction show. Film is where he had a real, ongoing career. TV, he was virtually unknown. Except to sf fans.

Hell, they should give Andreas and Peter an "Odd Couple Award."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back