• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is JMS a Scientologist?

Oh shit what :p

A goverment controlled by a Christian Political Party in a country which the Christian Faith itself has condemmed this group.

Makes me wonder.

Or am I not allowed to wonder about that either :p

Believe me they will ;)

I'll start a thread on the whole yank idea on Nazi's when I have time,I'm interested to hear why you cannot hear the term and why in cannot by mentioned in any form without genocide being implied.

I'm just pointing holeswhich one way or the other I have always done :p

The subject of the movie is a very touchy one for the German government, and they've had a rough history of tangling with Scientology. Cruise is a leader of Scientology, so this decision is hardly surprising.

The subject of the movie is a very touchy one for the German government, and they've had a rough history of tangling with Scientology. Cruise is a leader of Scientology, so this decision is hardly surprising.

What information do you have about his being a leader rather than a very visible member? Can you point to that source?

Jan

What information do you have about his being a leader rather than a very visible member? Can you point to that source?

Jan

Well, I guess to me "leader" and "very visible member" are two sides of the same coin. I don't know how semantic you want to get.

He's certainly its most prominent spokesman.

What hardly surprising that Germany is fucked up :p

What if he was a Muslim,or even of that evil Dharmic religion that they also oppreess?

You are talking about a country that inhibits the practise of other faiths.

I prefer to let people think than just quote crap but if you want I'll quote the Laws Germany is breaching by their blatant disregard for Human Rights.

Without talking about genocide.

Starter ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharmic_religions

Banned from showing symbols of their faith :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Can we think for our selves he wonders :p

This is for Jade.

What sort of numb nut do you take me for :p

The focus of a religion never sacrifices himself but someone below him.

Now I'm not a big enough bastard to offer my Son to do this to him(the sacrrificing I Mean) but this is the job of the High Priest.

I had someone tell me they wanted the job.

I am just waiting on the 50$.

Big Hairy Balls is soon to be a bonafide religion :p

Well, I guess to me "leader" and "very visible member" are two sides of the same coin. I don't know how semantic you want to get.

You might call him a cheerleader for Scientology but not a leader. A leader generally has some kind of authority and influence and a definable place in the heirarchy. That's why I asked what your source of information was. As far as I've been able to determine, he's a cheerleader, no more.

Jan

You might call him a cheerleader for Scientology but not a leader. A leader generally has some kind of authority and influence and a definable place in the heirarchy. That's why I asked what your source of information was. As far as I've been able to determine, he's a cheerleader, no more.

Jan

The Church of Scientology makes a concerted effort to woo and cater to celebrities. They assign special handlers to their celebrity members and have "celebrity centers" for them to hang out in.

As some religions go door-to-door or build missions, celebrities is a deliberate, official, and well thought-out recruitment technique.

So Tom Cruise is much more than a "cheerleader." The celebrities are central to the makeup of the organisation, and Cruise is the most famous and most outspoken one of them all.

The CoS is also completely different than "just another wacky religion," like Xtianity or Islam or whatever. By practicing false "science," they are more analogous to Christian Science. The established religions do deserve much more respect, due to a rich cultural tradition and diverse attitudes and histories within the religions. Lumping Scientology with Islam or Catholicism is a lazy, intellectually flawed exercise by people who just hate religion.

I do find it slightly amusing that this thread has gone on as long as it has (12 pages) when the initial question that was asked was answered long, long ago. Is JMS a Scientologist? No.

:)

I do find it slightly amusing that this thread has gone on as long as it has (12 pages) when the initial question that was asked was answered long, long ago. Is JMS a Scientologist? No.

:)

Um, yeah- hi, have you ever seen a messageboard before? :)

:LOL: That's the actor who was in the series "Chef". :)

Sorry I have spaced his name, I know he's one of the most famous comedians though. Also plays the voice of the shrunken head on the Night Bus in the Harry Potter films, I think.

He's hilarious. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back