• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 "Repackaged" DVDs

Recoil

Regular
I am introducing a friend to B5 and was on Amazon and saw the old SKUs for the B5 DVDs aren't available anymore. But the good news was that there were "Repackaged" SKUs for only $21. Note that this is repackaged as in a re-release, not buying used.

Does anyone know what this "Repackaged" is? The packaging doesn't APPEAR different. Were there any changes to the DVDs themselves? Or was this just a new release with a different publisher or something to that effect?

Thanks

I am introducing a friend to B5 and was on Amazon and saw the old SKUs for the B5 DVDs aren't available anymore. But the good news was that there were "Repackaged" SKUs for only $21. Note that this is repackaged as in a re-release, not buying used.

Does anyone know what this "Repackaged" is? The packaging doesn't APPEAR different. Were there any changes to the DVDs themselves? Or was this just a new release with a different publisher or something to that effect?

Thanks

There's another thread around somewhere about some repackaging, not everyone seemed to be onboard with it being factual. Many people were unhappy with the "books" that the initial releases were in (I got lucky, mine are fine and don't get shifted around often) because the hubs didn't hold properly, so maybe they are individual slim line cases in a sleeve, rather than a "book" style?

I haven't yet run across anybody who's seen these "repackaged" DVDs in person, or anybody who's even seen pictures of the new packaging.

I mentioned the repackaging here
http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=11743
in Posts 3 & 8, and asked if anybody'd seen the new sets in Post #10 and nobody replied.

BTW, Vacantlook, this thread should probably be in B5 Related, since it's about the DVDs.

Last edited:
KoshN, I have seasons 1-5 of the repackaged dvds. They are the slim sets and so much better then the old ones. I bought all of mine at Sam's Club and I have seen a few at Wal Mart. Best Buy here in El Paso, Texas started getting the new sets in recently. They just had them on sale for $ 16.99 each a few days ago though the sale might be over. If my digital camera worked I would take some pics for everyone to see. My question is why they have not released the B5 movies in the new slim sets ?

thanks
dennis

Welcome back VL, cool Avatar avatar

Thanks; it took a long-o while for me to finally get around to buying a new computer after my old one lost its marbles, and it's definitely taking a bit to get used to my new one, but I'm beginning to like it.

And yeah, I thought for my return that I should give myself a nice shiny new avatar, and what better than Aang about to go kick some Fire Nation butt! :D

KoshN, I have seasons 1-5 of the repackaged dvds. They are the slim sets and so much better then the old ones. I bought all of mine at Sam's Club and I have seen a few at Wal Mart. Best Buy here in El Paso, Texas started getting the new sets in recently. They just had them on sale for $ 16.99 each a few days ago though the sale might be over.

Yay! Somebody's seen 'em. They aren't vaporware. :D I checked several Wal-Marts and Best Buy stores in the weeks leading up to Christmas and only saw a couple sets (not all five seasons worth) in the old packaging at Best Buy, and none at Wal-Mart.

If my digital camera worked I would take some pics for everyone to see.

Drat! How about your cellphone camera? That, on mine, isn't working because my phone memory is maxed out (probably because of my 330 ringtones, lots of B5 & Crusade stuff in there. ;) ).

Do the repackaged sets have the booklet in them? I guess they all come in three, two-disc slimcases like this?

Diskeeper Slim Double DVD Case in Clear
http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case-double.shtml

My question is why they have not released the B5 movies in the new slim sets ?

Warner Home Video is probably :wtf: confounded :wtf: by the two-disc slimcase vs. a one-disc slimcase dilemma....

Memorex Slim Clear DVD Cases
http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case.shtml

....for the fifth disc, and just will not make a decision.

Last edited:
Dennis,

Adira as your avatar??? I dunno. :confused:

I know having Adira for my Avatar might be a little odd but I have had a thing for Fabiana Udenio from the first time I saw her in Summer School back in the 80's. That swimsuit scene got my attention. And then when she appeared on B5, dancing and bald but still looking hot as ever: I was hoping Peter Jurasik needed a stunt double for his scenes with her. A man can dream.

As for the pics for the slimsets KoshN. I do not have a camera on my cell phone but I will try to get a hold of one in the next few days and try to take a few pics so everyone can get a visual of what they actually look like.

I must admit I have just "replaced" my extremely worn Season 3 with one of the Repackaged sets - which are a lot better than the original packaging ever was. £13 was the cost - cheap at half the price. Only thing you dont get is the booklet - but thats no loss.

(Anyone else had DVDs rolling around - coming loose, then getting scratched and damaged in the original sets? If you can get hold of the repackaged sets they are worth it.)

Tonight, for the first time, I saw the repackaged sets, in person. It was at the Altoona, PA "Best Buy." They had one of each of Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5, and all were marked $49.99. Needless to say, I didn't buy any. It it'd been $20/set, sure, but $50, NO. Funny that the Stargate SG-1 slimsets come out for $20/set, but B5 from Warners is $50/set. :rolleyes:

KoshN I was able to take a few picks of the repackaged boxsets with a camera phone. I have never tried this before so hopefully it works with the links.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk155/dencor1/Photo0060.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk155/dencor1/Photo0061.jpg

So you DO get a booklet in these new slimsets. :)

The links work great. Thanks. :) This is the kind of packaging B5 should have had all along.

Last edited:
New cases look good, anyone know if they fixed the disk art on the TV movie set? They put the season 5 disk art on by mistake on the movie set in the original. (I assume it was a mistake since they all the proper art in the booklet.)

....anyone know if they fixed the disk art on the TV movie set? They put the season 5 disk art on by mistake on the movie set in the original. (I assume it was a mistake since they all the proper art in the booklet.)

:LOL: Man, you want it all. Next thing you'll be wanting W. Morgan Sheppard (Soul Hunter) on the Season 1 DVD set (on Disc 1 and in the booklet) instead of Martin Sheen (the soul hunter from The River of Souls.).

WB/WHV couldn't care less about getting details like that right.

Last edited:
In the UK on the original release of season 5 the entire pre-credits sequence for Fall of Centauri Prime was missing. Do any UK B5 fans know if this was fixed in the slimline repackaging? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back