• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Max...a telepath?!?

Ivanova

Beyond the rim
Has any one else thought that Max is a telepath? A LOW (below P-1) teep. It could explain why he can translate alien languages (some of them belonging to individuals who have been dead for a very long time) and why he is so brilliant.
smile.gif
Or am I just coming from left field with this one?

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

hmmnn I do not think Max is a telepath if he was wouldn't Matherson detect him?

Also how would Max being a telepath help him to translate alien languages? Maybe if the Alien he was translating was in close proximity to him but not if the being who's language he was translating was dead..Telepaths need a brain to connect with .

I think max is just naturally brilliant.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Yes, that's what his ex-wife tells Sarah when she confides in her. He's just naturally brilliant
smile.gif

As for telepaths detecting other telepaths, I don't think it works that way, only if Matheson specifically looked for signs, or tried to scan him and felt a block would he know.

Ivanova was able to keep her secret for years even while being around several moderate and high level telepaths.

The rules and regs protecting privacy would make it hard for teeps just to go around scanning for ability.

------------------

I'm not sure that Ivanova was even a P1, just that she had a trace of the talent, probably working onlyl on an instinctual level, which she would perceive as intuition or something similar. A similar level of ability would definitely help to explain Max's linguistic ability, but not all of it. See the thread on how he manages to make the translations for more on that topic!

------------------

The Psi Corps has very reliable tests for telepathic ability. Max has certainly been tested. He's not.

Ivanova spent Years ducking the Psi Corps tests. Plus, before Ivanova's mother killed herself, she spent a good bit of time teaching Ivanova mental tricks for fooling the tests. Of course, the tricks weren't good against a determined test, which is why Ivanova spent her teen years moving around, changing schools every year. She basically made sure that she was always somewhere Else when the tests were scheduled.

You'd have to suspect that, at some point, Ivanova also manged to find someone who could plant a fake set of Psi Test results in Psi Corps records so they'd stop trying to test her.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Back