B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 3rd 21, 02:49   #61
Looney
Telepath

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
I really liked the first two seasons of Arrow, the first two or three seasons of The Flash, and the first two seasons of Legends of Tomorrow. Though they were all three superhero shows, they each had different tonal qualities. Because the network has had so many superhero shows, I think that suggests the network is very sci-fi friendly.
I haven't seen all of those, but I can agree on Arrow Season One being excellent as well as the first few seasons of The Flash. I didn't get into Legends of Tomorrow because I am not a fan of Time Travel and the like. But early Arrow was fantastic. Plus I felt Dylan Neal was absolutely great as Dr. Ivo and he should have been a series regular. I really enjoy his series The Gourmet Detective, but Ivo was definitely the best performance of his I've ever seen.
Old October 3rd 21, 03:28   #62
Foxchild
Lurker

Anybody else hoping the Crusade storyline gets incorporated into this?
Foxchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd 21, 06:08   #63
hypatia
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
...I note that the only confirmed character so far is Sheridan - not Sinclair. I am assuming that, as JMS has intimated previously, characters whose actors have passed away won't be rebooted. So there will be no Delenn, no Garibaldi, no G'Kar, no Franklin, no Vir etc in this new show? That in itself will drastically change the storyline from the original.
No kidding. It's an interesting gesture, and it makes sense. I mean, who else could pull off G'Kar?
Old October 3rd 21, 14:38   #64
Jan
Psi Cop

Small reminder that JMS has only explicitly said that he'd never recast G'Kar. And that was when Katsulas was only the second major cast member to pass away. I'll be perfectly happy if he changes his mind about that. There are many wonderful and talented actors out there who could play G'Kar as well, if differently, as Katsulas.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd 21, 20:16   #65
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Small reminder that JMS has only explicitly said that he'd never recast G'Kar. And that was when Katsulas was only the second major cast member to pass away. I'll be perfectly happy if he changes his mind about that. There are many wonderful and talented actors out there who could play G'Kar as well, if differently, as Katsulas.
An excellent point. Perhaps that was in context to continuation rather than reboot. I don't know if you could tell the Babylon story without Londo and G'Kar unless you change the character's names and keep the core elements in place.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd 21, 20:18   #66
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxchild View Post
Anybody else hoping the Crusade storyline gets incorporated into this?
Crusade should be kept from the core Babylon story. But if this series does well enough as Arrow did for the CW, there no reason why there couldn't be a spinoff in the Babylonverse like with Flash etc.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Old October 3rd 21, 20:23   #67
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyehlar View Post
Quote:
An excellent point. Perhaps that was in context to continuation rather than reboot. I don't know if you could tell the Babylon story without Londo and G'Kar unless you change the character's names and keep the core elements in place.

Wild speculation on my part, but I kinda expect a lot of new characters that occupy the same kind of thematic roles as the existing show. So, the trajectory of say 'Londo' is roughly the same but it's 'Kronkulon, the Centauri Ambassador' or whatever, this time around.

Last edited by Ubik; October 3rd 21 at 20:25.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd 21, 20:32   #68
Kyehlar
First One

Curious as to whether the Centauri will give off as much Transylvanian vibes as their previous incarnation.
- Michael Garibaldi
Old October 4th 21, 01:50   #69
Moonface
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyehlar View Post
Quote:

Wild speculation on my part, but I kinda expect a lot of new characters that occupy the same kind of thematic roles as the existing show. So, the trajectory of say 'Londo' is roughly the same but it's 'Kronkulon, the Centauri Ambassador' or whatever, this time around.
Just wild guessing here, but wouldn't it be awesome if this time an other race would get the centauri arc? So JMS would keep fans guessing as to what goes on in this timeline?
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th 21, 05:23   #70
hypatia
First One

That could be very interesting. I wonder if they'll keep/use Bester.