B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old March 18th 20, 15:43   #21
Ubik
Commander

Re: The Babylon 5 Preservation Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Satai View Post
I did back this one. It sounded fun and I always support looking into old stuff.

I am a bit sad that I did not buy the encyclopedia, but it was way out of my economic comfort zone unfortunately.
Don't be sad, it wasn't that great. It's a book I can happily live without. I mean, just watch the show!
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th 20, 22:29   #22
Dusty Satai
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post

Don't be sad, it wasn't that great. It's a book I can happily live without. I mean, just watch the show!

That is a piece of advice I can relate to.
Old May 31st 21, 09:23   #23
Triple F
Ambassador

I noticed that the May 2021 update includes information about the release date for the book. Can anyone who signed up shed a bit of light on that. As of today it's now a year overdue from the initially expected release.
Old May 31st 21, 14:31   #24
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple F View Post
I noticed that the May 2021 update includes information about the release date for the book. Can anyone who signed up shed a bit of light on that. As of today it's now a year overdue from the initially expected release.
Curious as to why you're asking here?
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 21, 15:30   #25
Triple F
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Why would you be curious about that? This is a place where some of the folks who signed up visit and post occasionally . . . like yourself (though you seem more interested in why I asked . . .here!?) . . Weird, anyway, I'm hoping one of the others might shed a bit a light on the delivery date for the book (if that's what the May update included).
Old May 31st 21, 17:24   #26
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why would you be curious about that? This is a place where some of the folks who signed up visit and post occasionally . . . like yourself (though you seem more interested in why I asked . . .here!?) . . Weird, anyway, I'm hoping one of the others might shed a bit a light on the delivery date for the book (if that's what the May update included).
I ask because this isn't exactly the bustling superhighway of B5-dom, nor are any of the old BBS sites. Suffice to say that the first volume continues to be in progress.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 21, 17:32   #27
Looney
Telepath

It did not - at least not that I recall. I can tell you that there was this thing that happened last year that pretty much delayed everything in the world, especially things that required people to meet with other people and go places.

But as far as Mr. Davis' latest update I don't recall a specific release date update. When he has a firm one locked in I'm sure we'll all know pretty immediately, not just the backers. He did mention he is about to embark on is "final expedition." This was meant to happen in March of 2020, but you will recall the above referenced delay happened right about then.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st 21, 18:25   #28
Triple F
Ambassador

Quote:
I ask because this isn't exactly the bustling superhighway of B5-dom, nor are any of the old BBS sites. Suffice to say that the first volume continues to be in progress.
I prefer BBS style forums far less cluttered, and more structured than most of the social media platforms - I'm guessing that will be down to them NOT being designed for ease of scrolling on mobile devices.

You being sarcy there Loon - good for you. I did hear of something happening last year now that you mention it, can't recall what it was though. I asked because, someone else asked a couple of weeks ago - Any estimate on when the book will be ready? and Jason replied with The answer to your question will be in next week's update. . . . . But as you say apparently it didn't include any kind of timescale or whatever, as far as you can remember. Like the other person asking I wasn't looking for a specific date just any info on when it might be. Cheers.
Old May 31st 21, 20:25   #29
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
I prefer BBS style forums far less cluttered, and more structured than most of the social media platforms - I'm guessing that will be down to them NOT being designed for ease of scrolling on mobile devices.
I completely agree with you on that. FAR LESS clutter. And it just seems more civilized.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th 21, 10:17   #30
Ubik
Commander

[QUOTE=Looney;464529]
Quote:
: And it just seems more civilized.
We try... we try... like a good debate now and again though!
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote