B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 17th 21, 01:59   #71
Karajorma
Commander

Re: New To Babylon 5

Ironically it's now been long enough since the show aired that we could have a "Susan Ivanova - Leader of the Rangers" show.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th 21, 13:22   #72
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Ironically it's now been long enough since the show aired that we could have a "Susan Ivanova - Leader of the Rangers" show.
TRUE and what a great idea. The question is would it deal with the themes JMS originally intended for LEGEND OF THE RANGERS? I don't think it could. There is a reason LOTR was meant to happen when it did. I don't believe the RANGERS could have continued another twenty years in their current mind set knowing their leadership's mindset. I think this wonderful idea would have to focus on new twenty years later roles and goals. Of course we could learn what was intended to happen in LEGEND OF THE RANGERS, even as a setup to what would be happening currently.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th 21, 17:32   #73
Springer
Telepath

Before Mira passed, I was thinking that there was still the opportunity to do a sequel with Delenn as President of the Alliance, Ivanova as Ranger One, and David Sheridan as a ranger under Ivanova's command, and all the drama that would come from David trying to live up to his father's name, and Delenn and Susan trying to reign him in. Could still do it I guess, but it would lose something without Delenn.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th 21, 04:40   #74
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Before Mira passed, I was thinking that there was still the opportunity to do a sequel with Delenn as President of the Alliance, Ivanova as Ranger One, and David Sheridan as a ranger under Ivanova's command, and all the drama that would come from David trying to live up to his father's name, and Delenn and Susan trying to reign him in. Could still do it I guess, but it would lose something without Delenn.
WOW! Another great idea, but alas never to be.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th 21, 08:57   #75
Psi Cop
Ranger

Send a message via Skype™ to Psi Cop

Never thought the Rangers would make a good theme for a new series/movie. I say stuff the books and comics and do a new angle on the Telepath War and Centauri Prime after the end of Series 5. Stuff Crusade as well I'm over viruses
Old May 22nd 21, 21:34   #76
Axionz
Lurker

Hey guys!

Sorry for late the late reply, I've been re-watching Babylon 5 from the beginning and it's great lol! I've just moved onto Season 3 so it starts getting really good from here on in.

Not too sure if I will re-watch the last season to be honest, I really wasn't a big fan of all the major changes that went down leading into that season, Ivanova leaving, Garibaldi completely changed roles and wasn't in as many episodes due to that, Londo was pretty much gone at this stage as well, Sheridan stepping down and taking on the more political role as president of the alliance, I mean he really went on the back burner because of this role and it just felt completely wrong for him to go this direction.

Too much changed for the worse imo for Season 5, almost left you feeling like there was big hole during season 5 with all those changes, just a bit too much and too different and I guess it could have came down to JMS trying to spice things up with the main story line being finished by this point going against the Shadows, which is the best story line of all time lol, loved that.
Axionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd 21, 13:21   #77
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axionz View Post
Not too sure if I will re-watch the last season to be honest, I really wasn't a big fan of all the major changes that went down leading into that season, Ivanova leaving, Garibaldi completely changed roles and wasn't in as many episodes due to that, Londo was pretty much gone at this stage as well, Sheridan stepping down and taking on the more political role as president of the alliance, I mean he really went on the back burner because of this role and it just felt completely wrong for him to go this direction.
I can only tell you that you're mis-remembering, *expecially* if you think " Londo was pretty much gone at this stage as well," Suggest you try to go into it with fresh eyes, unprejudiced by Christian having bailed and see what you think. Yeah, there were changes to all the characters, that's exactly how the show was designed.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd 21, 20:47   #78
hypatia
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axionz View Post
... Not too sure if I will re-watch the last season to be honest, I really wasn't a big fan of all the major changes that went down leading into that season, Ivanova leaving, Garibaldi completely changed roles and wasn't in as many episodes due to that, Londo was pretty much gone at this stage as well, Sheridan stepping down and taking on the more political role as president of the alliance, I mean he really went on the back burner because of this role and it just felt completely wrong for him to go this direction. ...
I'd definitely second that suggestion, that you go ahead and try rematching Season 5. It's definitely filled with stories taking a different turn and problems becoming more subtle. It wraps up so many individual arcs, at least as far as they related to Babylon 5, that I can't real imagining the series ending without it.
Old May 27th 21, 13:20   #79
Ubik
Commander

Also agree that S5 does have some positives, mostly that it wraps up the Centauri Prime arc and of course it has Sleeping in Light (yeah, I know this was technically shot during S4 and later replaced and bumped to the end of S5 when they got renewed).

I always feel like the telepath arc drags S5 down a bit, it just never felt that well executed to me. The tail end of S5 is worth it. And, it's more B5... which we were lucky to get... before the diminishing returns of ill fated spin offs sets in.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th 21, 23:44   #80
Axionz
Lurker

Hey all!

Been a while since I have posted and just wanted to come say Hi and see how you're all doing!

Time does fly I did not realize the last time I posted was May!! crazy how time just slips away from you.

So yeh, how's everyone doing?
Axionz is offline   Reply With Quote