B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old April 26th 21, 03:48   #61
Looney
Telepath

Re: New To Babylon 5

So what did you think of all the movies?
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th 21, 18:02   #62
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axionz View Post
So yeh I'm actually loving starting again because it does sort of feel like I watched so much the first time round that you don't quite take it all in so it almost feels like watching it for the first time again, because you do tend to forget so much of it right down to the conversations between main characters etc, so absolutely loving that haha.
Told ya! The first TWO times are incredible. The second time you see and appreciate so much more than you did the first time. Enjoy!
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th 21, 00:35   #63
Sinclair

I'm so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the show and it's always nice to read someone's first impressions. As everyone else has said, the second watch is so great because of how you see all the little seeds that are planted but may not come to fruition for episodes or even seasons later. You pick up on things that may have seemed insignificant or inconsequential the first time. You may not even connect some of the dots until even a third rewatch or more.
Old April 29th 21, 04:00   #64
hypatia
First One

It definitely is great to see new people finding the show. The characters were so fantastic.
Old April 29th 21, 14:32   #65
Looney
Telepath

Going back to earlier in the conversation, I think I heard Claudia say once, possibly in Galveston 2014, that she felt pressured to sign the contract once TNT came on board. I don't believe she meant by JMS, but more or less that it was from everyone. They felt they all needed to commit immediately and as was stated she already had other things lined up and wanted time to sort things. When the pressure continued she finally said no. Don't quote me, but that just feels like the story I heard her tell.
Old April 29th 21, 15:54   #66
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Going back to earlier in the conversation, I think I heard Claudia say once, possibly in Galveston 2014, that she felt pressured to sign the contract once TNT came on board. I don't believe she meant by JMS, but more or less that it was from everyone. They felt they all needed to commit immediately and as was stated she already had other things lined up and wanted time to sort things. When the pressure continued she finally said no. Don't quote me, but that just feels like the story I heard her tell.
Could be. And why? Because that was the FINAL day that the contracts could be signed. Which, assuming they'd done their homework, both she and her agent knew.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old May 4th 21, 16:44   #67
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Claudia did Freaks & Geeks, which was likely one of the projects she had lined up. She was excellent in that and its another show that has massive cult status now.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th 21, 05:22   #68
Looney
Telepath

Is everyone waiting for me to say something?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by Looney; May 14th 21 at 05:25.
Old May 14th 21, 15:35   #69
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Claudia did Freaks & Geeks, which was likely one of the projects she had lined up. She was excellent in that and its another show that has massive cult status now.
Two episodes. Which aired in 2000 so were likely filmed long after filming on B5 was over.

Quote:
Is everyone waiting for me to say something?!?!?!?!?!

Well, yeah! What else!?!
Old May 16th 21, 23:52   #70
Looney
Telepath

And now I shall throw on my speculation rings on my fingers and begin to type.......

As much as it pains me to say this it actually makes sense that Ivanova would move on. It was established she eventually wanted to Captain a ship and the Wars gave her a taste of what she wanted. Couple that with other aspects of her story and it is kind of a natural spot for her to move on from that phase of her life. Setting aside it being a TV show that had the framework established of natural a progression for her to take over B5, the reality of the situation is that Earth would insist a third party take command of Babylon 5. They would view Ivanova as Sheridan's puppet and feel they never had a fair hand in what happened on B5 if she were in charge.

Going the other direction, couldn't it have been a great spinoff series to follow her after she left?! Just think of how that could have been a great ship-bound Babylon 5 story. Think of how she would have had to deal with all the issues that would have come up from what had happened in the Civil War. And imagine how she could have fit into the continuing story from a distance while dealing with similar issues.

Okay taking the rings off and returning to my "normal" state of being on this forum..... It just sucks that she left the show.

- But I have no problem with Lochley.