B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 1st 21, 06:38   #41
Karajorma
Commander

Re: New To Babylon 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axionz View Post
Yeh I'm just watching through season 5 and I'm on episode 6 - Strange Relations.

Which makes this the perfect place to point out something I just saw on a YouTube comment. Sheridan literally married a woman from each caste, Warrior, then Worker, and finally Religious.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th 21, 01:16   #42
Axionz
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Quote:
Yeh I'm just watching through season 5 and I'm on episode 6 - Strange Relations.

Which makes this the perfect place to point out something I just saw on a YouTube comment. Sheridan literally married a woman from each caste, Warrior, then Worker, and finally Religious.
Lol good point, interesting thing to note as well!

I have actually been putting off finishing Season 5 the last couple of weeks because I really don't want it to end lol!

I'm on episode 11 - Phoenix Rising and to be honest I'm really missing Sheridan as the Commander, being in that main role of running the station and of course ivanova which I have mentioned previously as well. It just seems so strange with Sheridan not being the main lead Commander now, he also starts to look so different growing his mustache and the clothes he wears to really show off the image of a politician type instead of military.

So yeh, definately prefer him as the military type/Commander and with Ivanova just sort of dropping off the show completely after Season 4 and garibaldi not in his chief security position it just seems sooo different, like a completely different vibe to it all now, does not feel right lol.

Hope you're all doing well!
Axionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th 21, 17:10   #43
Looney
Telepath

Quote:

I have actually been putting off finishing Season 5 the last couple of weeks because I really don't want it to end lol!

I'm on episode 11 - Phoenix Rising and to be honest I'm really missing Sheridan as the Commander, being in that main role of running the station and of course ivanova which I have mentioned previously as well. It just seems so strange with Sheridan not being the main lead Commander now, he also starts to look so different growing his mustache and the clothes he wears to really show off the image of a politician type instead of military.

So yeh, definately prefer him as the military type/Commander and with Ivanova just sort of dropping off the show completely after Season 4 and garibaldi not in his chief security position it just seems sooo different, like a completely different vibe to it all now, does not feel right lol.

I REALLY felt like putting off the ending after seeing every episode of Season 5 when it aired. I do this with a lot of shows. I don't want them to end so I slow my viewing pace, but when B5 aired I didn't have that option. I was beholden to the schedule. Every week I started to dread the show coming to a close. My only solace was I knew there was more from the B5 Universe on the horizon at the time.

And if there is one thing you can say about Season 5 it is that change is all around. New network, new cast members, new character roles, and missing cast members. The wheel keeps turning.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th 21, 19:33   #44
Springer
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post

I REALLY felt like putting off the ending after seeing every episode of Season 5 when it aired. I do this with a lot of shows. I don't want them to end so I slow my viewing pace, but when B5 aired I didn't have that option. I was beholden to the schedule. Every week I started to dread the show coming to a close. My only solace was I knew there was more from the B5 Universe on the horizon at the time.
I know what you mean. I dread not having anything new to watch of my favourite shows. It's one reason not to binge-watch shows in my mind. We didn't get that luxury with B5 here in the UK – they showed the final five episodes in the mornings on consecutive days. Kinda ruined the build up.

Quote:

You might like the second half of season 5 better - no spoilers, but there's more of a focus on Londo, G'Kar and Garibaldi, and Sheridan does get to command the White Star fleet again, briefly.

But I guess one of the things that the show does is never let people get comfortable - aside from the main ambassadors and Garibaldi, there's no one left from the pilot. The show changed quite a bit over the five years, and so did the characters. Compare that to TNG where everyone is always in their same posts, or Voyager where Harry Kim never gets promoted.

But yeah, Ivanova is a big miss. I think season 5 would have been held in much higher regard if Claudia had stayed on the show - and that's not a dig at Lochley, I liked Tracy Scoggins in that part, but Ivanova brings a different energy.

Last edited by Springer; March 8th 21 at 19:40.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th 21, 21:37   #45
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post

But yeah, Ivanova is a big miss. I think season 5 would have been held in much higher regard if Claudia had stayed on the show - and that's not a dig at Lochley, I liked Tracy Scoggins in that part, but Ivanova brings a different energy.

100% agree, would have been really cool to see her in S5. And, yes, the tail end of S5 is a LOT stronger IMHO. Obviously appreciate things were a bit rushed in the set up and you can tell when they level out and find their feet again.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th 21, 00:52   #46
Looney
Telepath

Nothing against Lochley myself, but would it be wrong to request JMS re-write Season 5 with Ivanova. Print out two copies of all the scripts. Send one to Claudia. Have her do an audio recording of the whole thing (doing all of the voices of course). And then send me the second copy. You know, for safe keeping.

Old March 13th 21, 00:59   #47
B5_Obsessed
First One

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Quote:

Lol good point, interesting thing to note as well!

Ah to be young and to have never seen Babylon 5. My shoes are too tight and I have forgotten how to dance.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th 21, 00:14   #48
Looney
Telepath

So I attended the B5 EVENTS Trivia today. It was great and I wish I could say I can't wait to see how fun they are after they get the bugs worked out, but unfortunately that will be one of the last events I am able to attend. But that is another story. The keys of the day are that not only was the trivia fun (AND SUPER CHALLENGING TO THE POINT THAT JASON DAVIS HAD TO GO BACK AND RE-WRITE SEVERAL QUESTIONS TO MAKE THEM LESS DIFFICULT) and that from the Chat it appeared there were several new Babylon 5 fans in attendance whom have only discovered the show in recent years. So that part was equally great. Kind of annoyed at how poorly I faired on answering most questions. AND I do plan to double post this in the B5 EVENTS thread. I just wanted to mention the new fans I saw in attendance at that event.
Old March 14th 21, 10:09   #49
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
So I attended the B5 EVENTS Trivia today. It was great and I wish I could say I can't wait to see how fun they are after they get the bugs worked out, but unfortunately that will be one of the last events I am able to attend. But that is another story. The keys of the day are that not only was the trivia fun (AND SUPER CHALLENGING TO THE POINT THAT JASON DAVIS HAD TO GO BACK AND RE-WRITE SEVERAL QUESTIONS TO MAKE THEM LESS DIFFICULT) and that from the Chat it appeared there were several new Babylon 5 fans in attendance whom have only discovered the show in recent years. So that part was equally great. Kind of annoyed at how poorly I faired on answering most questions. AND I do plan to double post this in the B5 EVENTS thread. I just wanted to mention the new fans I saw in attendance at that event.

Genuinely cool to hear new people are still finding B5 and even like it enough to attend ticketed events. HBO MAX and the remaster has likely done wonders for expanding the fanbase.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th 21, 17:10   #50
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post

Genuinely cool to hear new people are still finding B5 and even like it enough to attend ticketed events. HBO MAX and the remaster has likely done wonders for expanding the fanbase.
Well the tickets for the trivia event were free, but yes it was very cool because there were people from all over the world and many participated at terrible hours of their day.