• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Suggestions/comments to someone who has never seen Crusade, but plans to

Ivanova

Beyond the rim
When Crusade came out, I tried watching it (I really did) but it didn't meet my expectations (I was expecting the greatness of B5, and Crusade just did not deliver.)

I've been watching every ep of B5, in order, and I plan to extend this to Crusade as well, when it comes out on Scifi. So, what I am asking of the people who have seen the show, are there any things I should know or keep in mind of when I start watching it, when it debuts on Scifi?

Anything to keep in mind? No, I don't think so.

Just remember to watch A Call to Arms, the Telemovie that joins B5 to Crusade.

Your pagh is strong, my child.

That's what I was going to say, as "A Call to Arms" is the setup for that. I've not seen that yet, and I have 17 episodes of B5 left. But I'll be watching Crusade afterwards.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Also, please do bear in mind that:

1. "Crusade" was under *heavy* duress from TNT when the episodes were initially produced, and

2. Thirteen episodes ain't scarcely enough time for ANY series to get its legs pumping--even "Babylon 5" itself. Just look at where it finally kicked in: at around episode #15 or #16 in its first season.

So, by the end of its first year (and, based upon the scripts that I read awhile back), "Crusade" would have been delivering a whole different kind of kick than when it started out...alas.

------------------

>>When Crusade came out, I tried watching it (I really did) but it didn't meet my expectations (I was expecting the greatness of B5, and Crusade just did not deliver.)<<

-----

Also, please do bear in mind that:

1. "Crusade" was under *heavy* duress from TNT when the episodes were initially produced, and

2. Thirteen episodes ain't scarcely enough time for ANY series to get its legs pumping--even "Babylon 5" itself. Just look at where it finally kicked in: at around episode #15 or #16 in its first season.

So, by the end of its first year (and, based upon the scripts that I read awhile back), "Crusade" would have been delivering a whole different kind of kick than when it started out...alas.

------------------

JMS has got his wish and on scifi the order of crusade has changed also I beleive he has changed voice or a scene or so so they run more smoothly.

Pity I am no in US so I can;t watch and support Crusade
frown.gif

Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Deviot, nothing has changed in the eps, except the running order.

Would have cost Sci-fi way too much *more* money to get any of the actors in to do voice overs, let alone anything more.

That said, there are glitches in the continuarity((sp?)think I just made a new word), that can be ignored. But so far the general affect of Crusade being shown in the JMS order has made alot more sense.

------------------
"I have no surviving enemies.....At all." Galen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back