• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Save Enterprise" campaign now $3+ million strong

LondosHair

Regular
\"Save Enterprise\" campaign now $3+ million strong

Star Trek campaign "raises $3 million"

Now it's getting interesting. Now we're talking some bigger money. I wonder what Paramount will say?

While I'd be glad to see Enterprise come back for a 5th season (or more), it would have to have the same kind of writing & production its had this season. Whether it's too late now for that kind of decision to be made, I don't know...

Re: \"Save Enterprise\" campaign now $3+ million str

I'll bet they [Paramount] never realized they had the fan base they do for that show...

(that show, meaning Enterprise, not Trek in general)

The stereotype of geeks and nerds are penniless students living with their mothers. Dilbert is a better approximation. Now Hollywood is meeting a few with a real income.

"Boy you suckers got taken" is probably more appropiate...

Hear are the thoughts I sent to the War Council about all things currently Trek:

I'm not banking on the success of the attempts to save ENTERPRISE, but I do know that I just read today that all of the actors have stated they would come back if a 5th season were to be done.

Unfortunately, I've also read today that Berman has gone to new folks to make a ST XI feature that would be a prequel and not involve any of the characters known so far and would possibly deal with the Romulan War.

This would be the third attempt by him to get one made and while it's being reported and while IMDB actually lists this attempt, I seriously doubt it will ever come to fruition...mainly because of what I've also read today, which is that TREK fans want Berman gone in a bad way.

Paramount will have to let ENTERPRISE die for sure and let the features lay dormant for at least a couple or three more years to get out from under any deals with Berman I'm sure. Which ultimately, might be a large part of why they're so willing to let it die for now.

Even Coto has had a public difference of opinion with Berman now over TREK and its future and potential...Berman saying the franchise has reached a saturation point and Coto stating fervently that it hasn't. (BTW there's a great article up at TrekWeb, with an interview with Coto over his ideas for a 5th season of ENTERPRISE that sound great.)

Both articles can be found at TrekWeb...and apparently this new attempt at a TREK feature, though Paramount apparently has not announced any such film will be made, is being reported upon by Variety. Berman has hired one of the writers of Spielberg's BAND OF BROTHERS mini-series to pen a draft of a script based on a story by him (yeah, a new TREK story by Rick Berman...what can he fuck up this time?).

And why isn't TMoS in front of the cameras yet?

CE

Whats the link for the Coto interview?

Star Trek campaign "raises $3 million"

Now it's getting interesting. Now we're talking some bigger money. I wonder what Paramount will say?

While I'd be glad to see Enterprise come back for a 5th season (or more), it would have to have the same kind of writing & production its had this season. Whether it's too late now for that kind of decision to be made, I don't know...

I'm a member at TrekUnited and according to the Campaign folks, they are in talks with Paramount as we speak. It seems to have gotten their attention. :D

Hope this helps get Paramount on our side. :D

Tibbetts

Berman saying the franchise has reached a saturation point and Coto stating fervently that it hasn't.
Hence the reason we call him Rick Burnout.

I hope the save Enterprise campaign fails. I know people claim the new guy has really made it into a good show but to me and many others Enterprise is permanantly tainted by Berman. There has been just too much time with this tool in charge for an uptic in quality mid-run to make enough of a difference. There is just too much mediocrity built up for anyone to overcome.

They really need to let the franchise lay fallow for a few years to truly seperate themselves from what has passed for Star Trek of late. You could have four more years of quality stories and for most Enterprise will still be the show that opened relying solely on a lube scene for ratings.

Back