• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Latest From JMS re: DVDs

spuzzum

Here's a post from JMS News, dated April 27, 2002.

When asked if there was any news to share about DVDs, he replies:

"There's nothing that I can share at this time that would not preclude others in
the food chain from doing the same on this subject.

jms"

Has this guy been taking Vorlon lessons...? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I believe that it means, something is going on but JMS is not authorised to reveal it. If nothing was going on, JMS would be free to say nothing was going on.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Has this guy been taking Vorlon lessons...? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Are you kidding? He teaches conversational Vorlon at UCLA. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

My reply to JMS (I was the one who posted the original message asking about the DVDs) was the following:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Ah, Kosh - you're back; we've missed you. <g><hr></blockquote>

After many years of translating JMS's comments out of the original Vorlon, I would say that the above analysis is correct. If the DVDs were cancelled, he would have said so. If he were being kept entirely out of the loop and didn't know what the heck was going on with the DVDs, he would have gotten that idea across. What he did say tells me that the discs are moving forward, that JMS is at least aware of their progress, and may be directly involved, and that we're close enough to an actual announcement that people are getting territorial about the matter. I'd say all of this is good, if cryptic, news.

Regards,

Joe

Further positive indications

A <a target="_blank" href=http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/020520/misc/20dvd.htm>U.S. News</a> story, since confirmed by Rob Epstein of The Home Theater Forum, reports that Warner Bros. will switch from "Best of" sets to full-season releases of South Park beginning this fall, largely due to fan demand and poor sales. This is another indication that the studio is finally starting to "get it" on the subject of TV shows on DVD, and that they do see profit in their huge back catalog of TV series. The Digital Bits reported in March that we could expect "lots" of TV material from Warner Bros. starting this fall, and that B5 would be among the shows released. This latest announcement would seem to confirm at least part of that story, and makes me more hopeful for the rest.

Regards,

Joe

Re: Further positive indications

It's about time they understand. No one wants best of's. People want whole seasons. Idiocy...

I know some ya'll would be content with a "best of Dellen's smiles" dvd

Yeah but to fit all her smiles (there some that aren't 'best'? /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif) would be pretty much the entire series too. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jnk5y:
<font color=yellow>I know some ya'll would be content with a "best of Dellen's smiles" dvd</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
they could most likely sell me a DVD of Delenn reading a techinal manual of jumpgates.

Back