• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

vacantlook

Super Moderator
I'm curious if anyone else has been watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. I don't dislike the prequel trilogy the way many people do, but I wasn't all that excited when I saw the advertisements for the all-CGI animated film back when it came out in the theater. I don't know why I wasn't much excited about that. I still haven't seen it, but I do know it served as a lead-in to the tv show. I read that the story in the film was originally going to be the opening several episodes of the show, so I'll probably get around to watching it eventually. I've seen all but one of the episodes of the tv show so far though, and I like it.

I think the episodes already broadcast on tv are officially available online to watch. Here are a few pictures from some of the episodes that have been broadcast so far.

img01hp4.jpg

img06sh4.jpg

img03mn0.jpg

img10qr0.jpg

img12da3.jpg

img16uf9.jpg

img36dz7.jpg

I don't hate the prequel trilogy either, but after being disappointed by it, I came to realize something. The Prequel trilogy wasn't written for us older people who grew up on the original. It was written for today's kids for them to grow up enjoying. Once I realized that, it really became irrelevant to me. I think this Clone Wars thing is much along those lines.

I saw it. If you like SW then see it. I didn't think it had anything to do with the arc.

It was more of lots of fighting. Lots of plots. Lots of Jedi's saving the day.

I saw it. If you like SW then see it. I didn't think it had anything to do with the arc.

For clarification, what do you mean? If you mean that the CGI film didn't have anything to do with the story arc of the live action films, I'd agree. From what I've read in synopses online, the CGI film introduces Ahsoka Tano as Anakin's padawan and the immediate story revolves around a Hutt baby having been kidnapped. Like I said in my initial post, I read that the story of the CGI film was originally going to be the story of the first few episodes of the tv show.

With it not being, the first episode of the tv show was of Yoda trying to get some Troydarian king to let him use his planet as a base for clonetroopers and then after that it was a three episode arc about a special droid army ship that was doing particularly massive damage to Republic ships -- it's seen in the far background of the second picture I posted. After that was another stand alone episode, then two episodes dealing with R2-D2 being stolen, then a three episode arc dealing with Nute Gunray being captured, and now we're in the midst of another multiple episode plot involving pirates capturing Count Dooku.

The opening Clone Wars movie was indeed a bit sucky, but the actual episodes themselves are fun, the format works well in 25 minute episodes. I would suggest folk try em. Episodes focus on different characters, as VL said, Yoda gets his own, for example.

It feels very 'star warsy' at times, more so than the prequel movies themselves. Gives me hope for the eventual live action TV show.

I got both discs through Netflix & I've been staring at them for a week now trying to decide if I want to watch them... I know it's not gonna dissapoint me. :(

I heard recently that CN has ordered a second season of Clone Wars, and it should start airing in the fall. The last episode of this season is slated for March 20.

I like this, even if I had hard time keeping myself interested in the beginning.

Half of the episodes were kinda like "meh", but there were few quite nice and few that stick out visually. I truly loved the Republic Commando game few years back since it gave so bleak an image of the lives of the troopers and this series kinda manages that too, even if not as much as the producers claim. I'm not that keen on the twist of Anakin having a padawan himself but it's hard to not to like "Snips".

I suppose I'll keep on watching, even if I'm so full of the use of the clankers. I guess it's easy to keep things child-friendly if they're not shooting or cutting through living things on the show. I hope that the live action series takes a more mature approach, though.

I suppose I'll keep on watching, even if I'm so full of the use of the clankers. I guess it's easy to keep things child-friendly if they're not shooting or cutting through living things on the show. I hope that the live action series takes a more mature approach, though.

You must either not watched every episode or not watched closely enough; they've had several living things shot and sliced through. Take the episode where Asajj Ventress breaks Nute Gunray out of prison; in the end she stabs some non-clone guard through the chest with her lightsaber. Or take the season finale in which Cad Bane shoots a senator in the back. And there was an episode in which Count Dooku used the Force to break some guy's neck.

Last edited:
Back