• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Garibaldi @ con

sassy

Regular
has anyone seen jerry doyle? he was a great speaker, my fav line of his "i am the terrets syndrome poster child for the word F*CK"

that was so funny.

and he was too.. he said F*CK every other word..on and on..

i asked him about what he thought no rangers, and he just DID not want to talk about it and went to another question.

also, at the dinner, he was about 2 tables away from ours. so the girl across from me said lets chant! so we chanted JERRY JERRY! and he SKIPPED that one table and came to OURS! OH HOW COOL and i got my photo with him of course.

the klingons were there..forget their names..ds9 klingons, the one with the BIG EYES and the one with the bad eye.

and Jeff combes was there, hes a cutie.

I had no idea he was the telepath, i just know he was the vorta. and i didn't know he was brunt either. or the andorian in enterprise.

oh and the dr from voyager was there..

oh and of course SHATNER!! he's nice but does NOT hang around the fans. he's very picky. its like I am here to sign THAT IS IT. and when he speaks its ok..he's a good speaker, its like watching a PRICE whatever comercial.

I went there with STAR, (omahastar) of all people..you all think he would be rude..he was really nice. and very calm. it was me that was the wild crazy one..lol

we had a blast...it was great cus i could do all this wild crazy stuff and he would just laugh! some people get all EMBARASED..and RUINS it.

Sassy,

Can you wait about 2 days, and then repost that so it makes some sense please? Jesus, talk about run-on thoughts. Hell you didnt even mention where this was or what it was or how long ago it was. Your grammar threw me way off track a few times in there too.

Now go read your own post in NC17 and laugh at yourself. It's style was identical to sassy's
And I really wanna go to a con! Goddamit! I've never been to one!
Who lives near the damn border here?
As soon as I get my drivers licence (month or two) I am finding the nearest con, driving over to pick up whoever lives near and they will have to put up with me bitching about the media for the entire drive there and back /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

piss off dammit!
I had a company meeting in the afternoon followed by free cocktails. I have been drinking since 4pm so dont expect my posts to be coherent. Sassy is like that all the time! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

I'm going to move this to the General Forum seeing as it started out as being about Garibaldi. I would n't be surprised if it gets sent back here though as it seems to be rushing away from that subject /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I've only been to one con in my life and that was more to meet some fellow Andromeda fans rather than to see actors or shtuff.

I went to a Star Trek convention once, and it got me interested in an actual Sci-Fi con. So I did go to a sci-fi con once when I was in college.

I had a great time and boy, are those people insane!

Mmmm conventions ...

I've been three - the tree Marcons in Columbus, Ohio for the past three years (and going again this year). Sadly I missed the year that (at least) JMS, Pat Tallman, and Richard Briggs were there (though Richard came to my first too). The best part - I hear from reports and from friends who went that year - was that Richard got Pat locked up in the Klingon Jail-n-Bail. JMS (I think) bailed her out and she immediately locked Richard up. When JMS came to Richard, he looked at the Klingons, pulled out a bill of high presidency, and said "Keep him in there." ^_^

I was there the year Jason Carter and Richard Chevolleau (EFC) were present and drinking dry the bar. I bumped into Richard in the hotel when he was looking for a room party and looking for Jason who had vanished a few hours earlier, heh. Jason looked a little dishelved at the early autograph session the next day. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

That's cool! I wish I couls see Jerry, and get my picture with him! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I have never been to a con, well not a real one anyways. In 1995? 96 maybe, I went to the X-files touring thing which was right before the movie came out, and when the show was in its prime. That was pretty cool. I met X, and Krychek, and I saw Gillian Anderson speak.

Hopefully, I'll save enough money for the Farscape con, and I really wanna get enough dough for a Gold Pass which is allmost 300 bucks---which is a hell of a lot of money for me. But ill be making a few grand this summer, so I'll have to decide if its worth it. Claudia Black will be there, and Edgely, and the new hot girl, so I really wanna go. Its too bad that Browder wont be in NYC this year, because by the time I went to buy the tickets for last years con in NYC, they were sold out.

Anyone else planning on going to the FS con in NYC?

Phil

they had a con, in michagan. right above indiana, no more than a 4 hour drive...and mira was there, my parents said i couldn't go....i still have yet to forgive them. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

If this was the one in Tulsa, then I'm going to be quite mad. All the people over at SlipstreamBBS have talked about, were the Andromeda characters that were there. If I find out that the B5 characters were there as well, heads are going to roll. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Rommie

The one *Sigh* was referring to was in Detroit. Flarnchef told me about it because I live near Cleveland, which is probably about 4-5 hours by car away from Detroit (Don't know, never been there), but I was not able to go.

I'm talking about the one that Sassy is referring to. I know there was a Convention in Tulsa last weekend, and I'm wondering if this is the same convention that she went to. I'd really like to know if the B5 people were there as well as the Drom and Trek people.

Rommie

No, i'm not talking about that one RW.
I'm talking about the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, Michigan was from May 17~19.

That is the one I told RW about..........that I had expected to go to till I was in a car accident the Monday prior to the Con...... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

When is that FS Con? And what sexy new one are you refering to? Sputnick or Commander Cleavage?

There's a Farscape con here in NYC in December. Gigi, Black, Simcoe and the new hot red-head(not sure of her name)--not jool, are going to be there. I really wanna go.

Phil

Back