• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Computer problems

raisincajuns

Regular
Okay here is the deal....I did a thorough scan disk of my harddrive and it said I had a bad sector...it moved everything to the good sectors and then said that there was a problem with my physical drive and that it may make a hard drive failure imminent. Is there anything I can do??

If you have problems turning up with it, run. :D It's nature's way of saying your hard disk is dying. If it's a Maxtor I wouldn't be surprised.

But I suggest you imediately back up anything vital, then seee about getting a new hard drive. You can get software that will clone all your data across if you don't want to reinstall Windows (but if you're tech savvy enough, or know someone is, a Windows reinstall is always worth it).

It may trundle on for a while, but it's best not to risk it.

Well my computer keeps freezing up on me so I guess the hard drive failure is imminent.....I just hope I can get to 5 diamonds before it dies!!! :D

Since threatening my computer with a sledge hammer it has calmed down a bit.....I wonder if that would work on my children??

Back