• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I correct people on proper grammar, or at least I wanted to the other day!

I dunno, I think it depends on the situation. Where I come from, if you corrected someone's grammer they would probably think you were stuck-up and would either (a) ignore you, (b) insult you, or (c) beat you up. To be honest, I don't blame them... if someone wants to use incorrect grammer, that's their own business.

I don't correct people as a rule, as it's rude. Not saying I never do, but I usually don't.

However, websites, companies, leaflets or whatever... all fair game. :D

I correct my sister's grammar. She's absolutely horrible. And, my dad's anal about grammar. He hates it when we say "yeah."

Anyway, I finished the book last night. After that character died, it took five minutes for it to completely register in my mind. I had to stop reading while I cried for five minutes. Then, I finished the book. When I did, I sat on my bed and cried for fifteen minutes.

THE BOOK WAS AWESOME!!!!

you see thats the drawback of reading so quickly...wonder what people would do if Rowlings decided to not write the other books.....

She can't. She has a contract with Scholastic for Seven Books. She could face some major issues with the company of she decides not to write the other two. Plus, she would be hated by avid HP fans.

o kwhat if in a abrupt accident she dies and while it would be easy to finish the next book without her what if she had not revealed the details of the last book to anyone and the secret died with her. Personally I think there would be a rash of suicides kinda like everquest.

Hm...how true. She's the only one that knows. However, she does have a general outline set up for all seven books. But, she doesn't have all the details down. Why? Because she likes them to be discovered and unfold while she writes.

I finished Order of the Phoenix the morning after its midnight release (stayed up all night reading it). I loved the twists in the middle of the book, and found some nice parallels with certain organizations in the B5 universe. ;)
I agree about reading the books. The movies sometimes have errors and leave out important characters/scenes simply because they're pressed for time. One character in particular was severely misrepresented in a scene. I shudder to think of how massacred movie 4 is going to be.

Which one do you think was misrepresented?? I agree that the books are much better than the movies but I did enjoy the movies, but I am not sure what you are talking about -- of course it has been quite a long time since I have seen either movie!! ;)

Which one do you think was misrepresented??
Neville in Professor Sprout's class in Chamber of Secrets. Neville excels at herbology and would never have made such a trivial mistake (discounting the fact that he's not even mentioned as being there in the book).
I do enjoy the movies. :) I especially liked the bit near the end of Chamber with Lockhart and Ron.
"Fascinating place...do you live here ?"
"No?" *CLONK* :LOL:

Gandalf makes an appearance in Chamber of Secrets (movie). In the scene in Dumbledore' office, the picture above the door of a "previous headmaster" is our own Gandalf the Grey from Lord of the Rings. :cool:

Me neither. I actually found out after I saw it on video from theonering.net. So, now I have to get the tape back from my grandmother to watch it.

*giggles* Oooh, that's soo cool. I'll have to rewatch CoS to see Gandalf.

Otay, OotP. I liked it. Felt more filler to me, though. I hope book six is better. I am happy with 5, don't get me wrong, just felt like it was building to the next one. There are some REALLY nice scenes sprinkled throughout it, I must say. And characters. I love the characters. Very good to see some old, missed faces around and some new ones.

Back