B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 20th 14, 18:46   #21
Springer
Ambassador

Re: JMS' Viewing Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMoore View Post
Just out of curiosity, does it make sense the suggestion to watch the season 4 finale as series finale? (no spoilers, of course... just be vague )
I hadn't considered before the possibility of watching Deconstruction of Falling Stars last. In terms of the emotional content of the show and the storylines of our characters, then no, Sleeping in Light is the end. Deconstruction of Falling Stars also has some foreshadowing for season 5 that you lose if you move it to the end. But without giving away anything at all about Deconstruction, I can see an argument for moving it to the end. Maybe not on your first run through - as others have said, stick to the order in the DVD sets for that, but on subsequent viewings it might be interesting to see how it works at the end.

And yes, that does sound a little paradoxical, but you will understand after you've seen it :-)
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th 16, 22:47   #22
Staninator
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoatcowboy View Post

J Michael Straczynski's Order
1. Racing the Night (103)
2. The Needs of Earth (101)
3. The Memory of War (102)
4. The Long Road (107)
5. Visitors from Down the Street (104)
6. The Well of Forever (106)
7. Each Night I Dream of Home (105)
8. Patterns of the Soul (110)
9. The Path of Sorrows (109)
10. Ruling from the Tomb (111)
11. The Rules of the Game (112)
12. War Zone (108)
13. Appearances and Other Deceits (113)
I registered just to weigh in on this... this watch order is garbage, and watching this particular order ruined Crusade for me. After watching B5 multiple times over the past 20 or so years, seeing Crusade for the first time watching this order was highly unsatisfying at best, totally confusing at worst. How can War Zone come in as the penultimate episode when it sets up the entire premise of the show? This is just WRONG! After finally watching the penultimate episode here and seeing what should have been the first episode made me really angry. I don't know what your sources are, but how can the first episode (108 War Zone) be so far down the list, it makes no sense.

To ANYONE coming to Crusade for the first time, please ignore this JMS watch order...

This to me, seems the correct order...

War Zone (chronologically takes place immediately after "A Call to Arms.")
Racing the Night
The Needs of Earth
The Memory of War
The Long Road
Visitors from Down the Street
The Well of Forever
Each Night I Dream of Home
Patterns of the Soul
The Path of Sorrows
Ruling from the Tomb
The Rules of the Game
Appearances and Other Deceits

...taken from this post.

http://www.b5tv.com/showpost.php?p=349849&postcount=3
Staninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th 16, 17:24   #23
JonFrain
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMoore View Post
Just out of curiosity, does it make sense the suggestion to watch the season 4 finale as series finale? (no spoilers, of course... just be vague )
I hadn't considered before the possibility of watching Deconstruction of Falling Stars last. In terms of the emotional content of the show and the storylines of our characters, then no, Sleeping in Light is the end. Deconstruction of Falling Stars also has some foreshadowing for season 5 that you lose if you move it to the end. But without giving away anything at all about Deconstruction, I can see an argument for moving it to the end. Maybe not on your first run through - as others have said, stick to the order in the DVD sets for that, but on subsequent viewings it might be interesting to see how it works at the end.

And yes, that does sound a little paradoxical, but you will understand after you've seen it :-)
That actually makes quite a bit of sense. I mean if Thirdspace is moved up for chronological reasons, Deconstruction should be moved back. The only downside is that it's not as epic a series ender as SiL.
JonFrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th 16, 03:16   #24
hargano
Lurker

is not cheap sir

Servis Water Heater Malang

Last edited by hargano; August 26th 16 at 03:43.
hargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th 17, 02:46   #25
Looney
Commander

Okay now that I can post I just wanted to say that I have been using this thread for years. Thanks to blackcoatcowboy for starting it.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th 17, 19:29   #26
b5historyman
Lurker

This isn't the authorised by Joe Straczynski viewing order. The correct viewing order is in the Babylon 5 Historical Database, the In house reference researched and compiled by Terry Jones with the full input and cooperation of Joe Straczynski and Fiona Avery at Babylonian Productions.
b5historyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th 17, 00:42   #27
Looney
Commander

Okay I will grant you that, but it is still a good thread that opened up the discussion.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th 17, 10:42   #28
b5historyman
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Okay I will grant you that, but it is still a good thread that opened up the discussion.
Absolutely, but I've now posted on a new thread the correct order of everything in the B5 canon epsiodes (B5 and Crusdade), Movies, Comics and Short stories
b5historyman is offline   Reply With Quote