B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Other TV-related forums > Non-B5 books, TV & films

Old June 12th 22, 20:41   #11
Looney
Psi Cop

Re: What an alternate TL where there was a space sci fi show on TV from 2010-14 look

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateArrival View Post
Speaking of which, read that Seth might not be interested in a season four. Would this mean the end of the show as his not being there would make the show Too Risky for another season?
This might help answer your question....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjPkhhnDnUk

I highly recommend this channel for those who worship THE ORVILLE. JP now gets all of the inside scoops on the show because he utterly devoted his YouTube to it. And honestly he wasn't wrong. I've found the first two episodes of NEW HORIZONS to be amazing. And Episode Two had an appearance from B5 Alumni John Fleck, though he was a Krill and the only way to really know it was him was the voice . . . . and his interest in gambling methods that were a "sure thing". (Yes I made that last bit up.)
Old June 13th 22, 00:28   #12
LateArrival
Commander

Re: What an alternate TL where there was a space sci fi show on TV from 2010-14 look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
And Episode Two had an appearance from B5 Alumni John Fleck, though he was a Krill and the only way to really know it was him was the voice . . . . and his interest in gambling methods that were a "sure thing". (Yes I made that last bit up.)

Am watching for a certain former station commander and interstellar alliance president to appear. In makeup of course, but since pictures have leaked, should be easy enough to spot. Possibly the closest we'll get to seeing Ambassador Sherdinn.
Old June 16th 22, 21:18   #13
hypatia
First One

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateArrival View Post
Speaking of which, read that Seth might not be interested in a season four. Would this mean the end of the show as his not being there would make the show Too Risky for another season?
This might help answer your question....

I highly recommend this channel for those who worship THE ORVILLE. JP now gets all of the inside scoops on the show because he utterly devoted his YouTube to it. And honestly he wasn't wrong. I've found the first two episodes of NEW HORIZONS to be amazing. And Episode Two had an appearance from B5 Alumni John Fleck, though he was a Krill and the only way to really know it was him was the voice . . . . and his interest in gambling methods that were a "sure thing". (Yes I made that last bit up.)
Thanks a lot for posting that. I had also feared that Seth might be getting tired of the many complications involved in writing, directing, and starring in a complex science fiction show. It is a fun interview (I subscribed to the channel immediately) and very informative. It hadn't occurred to me that by streaming an author can write episodes of varying length, as the story requires, unlike the requirements of network t.v.
Old June 17th 22, 07:30   #14
LateArrival
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
Quote:

Thanks a lot for posting that. I had also feared that Seth might be getting tired of the many complications involved in writing, directing, and starring in a complex science fiction show. It is a fun interview (I subscribed to the channel immediately) and very informative. It hadn't occurred to me that by streaming an author can write episodes of varying length, as the story requires, unlike the requirements of network t.v.

Reminds me of what JMS said during his recent Dust-to-Dust commentary - that the B5 scripts were written around the Act Structure (3 acts, 4 acts, 5, etc). Writing had to take a back seat to the Acts, as such is the way of Broadcast Television. He said with streaming one didn't necessarily have to be confined to writing in Acts. More options. Better options.