B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Other TV-related forums > Non-B5 books, TV & films

Old December 25th 21, 03:52   #1
Sinclair

Book of Boba (will contain spoilers upon airing)

Anyone else going to be watching The Book of Boba?

While he's definitely not in the tops of my favorite Star Wars characters (I just personally always thought he was over-hyped), I'm interested to see what arc he's going to take. The whole Jabba's palace scenes were some of my favorites and I'm hoping to see some old faces in there. I'll be curious how his escape from the Sarlacc is explained.
Old December 25th 21, 16:22   #2
Looney
Psi Cop

Re: Book of Boba (will contain spoilers upon airing)

Yes I plan to watch, but I need to find time.
Old December 30th 21, 21:09   #3
Looney
Psi Cop

EPISODE ONE

Well I was impressed. Not the greatest thing ever, but really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great intro. Can't wait for the next episode.
Old January 1st 22, 01:10   #4
Sinclair

I thought it was alright, nothing spectacular. It's only going to be seven episodes, so I'm not sure how everything will shape up and what the main storyline will be. I'm guessing we'll be getting flashbacks in basically every episode.
Old January 1st 22, 18:07   #5
Looney
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
I thought it was alright, nothing spectacular. It's only going to be seven episodes, so I'm not sure how everything will shape up and what the main storyline will be. I'm guessing we'll be getting flashbacks in basically every episode.
Yeah it didn't knock me on the floor, but I felt it did the necessary job of setting things up. I will say that as I watched and they added the flashbacks I couldn't help but think of how it all related to the Boba that was offered in THE CLONE WARS series.
Old January 4th 22, 05:15   #6
Kyehlar
First One

When watching The Mandalorian, it always felt like you were watching for longer than the 40 some minutes of the episode. Didn't feel that in this first episode of the Book of Boba, but I'm sure that'll change in the subsequent episodes.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th 22, 00:50   #7
Looney
Psi Cop

Very torn after the first two episodes. I am enjoying it, but to this point it seems VERY uninspired - unless one assumes Western cliches is a proper inspiration. Obviously with THE MANDALORAIN and THE BOOK OF BOBA we have evidence that these Star Wars series will lean heavily on the Western inspiration in Star Wars, but so far in BOBA it is not inspiring me to think this show will be great. But like I said, I am enjoying it.
Old February 3rd 22, 13:50   #8
Sinclair

I've read a lot of complaints on the web about how the show is progressing and some aspects such as the Mods biker gang. I'm still liking it, but I'm by no means super impressed with it. These last two episodes however have been fantastic. Sadly Boba wasn't even in the last one and only appeared briefly in this most recent one, and had no dialogue at that.
Old February 6th 22, 16:58   #9
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
I've read a lot of complaints on the web about how the show is progressing and some aspects such as the Mods biker gang. I'm still liking it, but I'm by no means super impressed with it. These last two episodes however have been fantastic. Sadly Boba wasn't even in the last one and only appeared briefly in this most recent one, and had no dialogue at that.

Personally, quite enjoying 'Book of Mando'

I must admit that CGI Luke just looked weird and wooden. They should just let the actor do it without the CGI face alterations, viewers can suspend disbelief. The actor looks a lot like Hamill anyway.

The Mod biker gang was the most George Lucas thing ever, and people moaning about it really need to stop and think about American Graffiti and the 50s diner in the prequels.

I also like the added depth to the sand people and enjoyed the mini arc with them and Boba. Some of the mid season episodes were dull and slow, and all of nothing happened.

Last edited by Ubik; February 6th 22 at 17:02.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th 22, 19:12   #10
Lyta's Shadow
Ranger

It now feels like the spin off has just become bonus episodes of The Mandalorian, it's bizarre but also quite welcome??!
Lyta's Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote