B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old March 17th 10, 16:04   #41
GKarsEye
First One

Re: Anyone still watching Lost?

Overall a good episode.

But one thing really bothered me- in the cold open, Sawyer is nailing this chick and we get the big reveal that he's a cop in this universe. I don't think any police investigation would actually condone sex as part of a sting operation or any investigation.

I also wasn't crazy about bringing Charlotte back just as another sexual conquest for Sawyer.

I dld like Miles as the buddy cop, though. Miles / Sawyer buddy cop spin-off movie- I'm there.

Don't know if island-Sawyer playing Locke-ish vs Widmore and taking the sub was supposed to be a surprise but I saw that a mile away. I really hope Lock-ish will not fall for it- an ancient powerful monster being suckered into such a simple double-cross would be absurd.

Next week is supposed to The Big Episode That Reveals All.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th 10, 16:12   #42
B5_Obsessed
First One

I'm sure Sawyer's plan will not go as he hopes. Another unusual thing is how he aided Kate's escape at the airport. Originally we figured it was just Sawyer being his usual anti-establishment bad-boy self, but now that we see he is a cop, they're going to have to give us a suitable explanation for that behavior.

So who killed all the passengers? Not-Locke? Widmore?

Lot's of good acting from Not-Locke this week too.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th 10, 16:51   #43
GKarsEye
First One

Oh another thing that bothered me- Kate asking who's going to fly the plane, Sawyer saying they're taking the sub not the plane.

So who's going to pilot the sub?! That can't be a trivial thing.

Either way, Sawyer doesn't really have a plan, per se, it's more like he's doing his best to put himself in the least-bad possible solution.

Sawyer helping Kate doesn't bother me- he's a sucker for a pretty face, couldn't imagine a petite woman really did something so horrible, and in any case he's not a cop for the most noble and moral reasons: he's using his job to find the guy he wants to kill.
"Most smart people cannot watch most TV, because it has generally been a condescending medium, explaining everything immediately, offering no ambiguities, and using dialogue that simplifies and mitigates against the idiosyncratic ways in which people in different worlds actually communicate. It eventually requires that characters from different places talk the same way as the viewer. This, of course, sucks." - David Simon
Old March 17th 10, 18:36   #44
Alluveal
Psi Cop

I don't think Sawyer is thinking about how complex it might be to steer a sub, he's just thinking out his bum, grabbing for straws, so to say.

I cannot WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK.

I think Richard is such an interesting character and I can't wait to see his story.

I agree that Miles + Sawyer = cops is a good thing. More more more.
Alluveal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th 10, 19:12   #45
GKarsEye
First One

lol @ Sawyer showing up with one flower and a 6-pack of canned beer.

I mean I know the guy has confidence with women, and understandably so, but damn.
Old March 17th 10, 20:10   #46
A_Ranger
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKarsEye View Post
Overall a good episode.
Don't know if island-Sawyer playing Locke-ish vs Widmore and taking the sub was supposed to be a surprise but I saw that a mile away. I really hope Lock-ish will not fall for it- an ancient powerful monster being suckered into such a simple double-cross would be absurd.
He could be aware of Sawyer's dupe and just playing along, having his own plans...only time will tell.
Old March 17th 10, 20:12   #47
A_Ranger
First One

Quote:

I mean I know the guy has confidence with women, and understandably so, but damn.
Yeah. Come on, any smart guy knows to bring bottled beer!
Old March 18th 10, 10:50   #48
Sinclair

Quote:

Sounds like something I would do...no wonder I'm going through a divorce!
Old March 18th 10, 16:34   #49
B5_Obsessed
First One

Quote:

Truthfully, this was such a tv moment, known as the "say nothing". Charlotte had her door opened for a long time. Sawyer could easily have apologized profusely and started explaining himself in that time and she would have probably listened, especially if he started off with "I've never told anyone about this before...".

By the time he got to the dead parents, she'd be cradling him.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th 10, 17:51   #50
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5_Obsessed View Post
Quote:

Truthfully, this was such a tv moment, known as the "say nothing". Charlotte had her door opened for a long time. Sawyer could easily have apologized profusely and started explaining himself in that time and she would have probably listened, especially if he started off with "I've never told anyone about this before...".

By the time he got to the dead parents, she'd be cradling him.

Yeah you're probably right... but I have to stress that even with the sob story, the only kind of person that would have a prayer of pulling that kind of thing off is a someone as devastatingly good-looking as Sawyer.

And he knew this- that's what made the scene so hilarious to me, even that wasn't the intention. He just figured, you know, I'm motha-fuckin' Sawyer- this chick jumped in the sack with me on a first blind date- and initiated it!

(This never happens)

Of course he's gonna think a "sad sunflower and puppy dog eyes" is gonna do that trick.

I know it seems like I'm focusing on something so insignificant but I just appreciated the funny visual in the middle of all this crazy "wtf is going" stuff that has pretty much dominated one's viewing of this show. I think we're all so caught up in the Big Mysteries that we forget to just enjoy these silly people doing their thing. And Sawyer especially, who went from being my least favorite character on the show to my most favorite- by far the biggest swing of a fictional character ever for me.

Next week, I bet we won't have anything like that- it will be all Big Mystery stuff and serious.