• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anyone still watching Lost?

I'd laugh if the show ends making no sense at all and the whole show is presented as having been a giant Dharma Initiative experiment to see how long people would watch something that didn't make sense.

At this point, that's about the only ending that would work for me. They totally need to do that.

So, what did everyone think of (The Very Long Night of) Dr Linus?

If Emerson doesn't pick up another support actor Emmy (or nomination, at least) on the strength of it I'll be seriously surprised .... :cool:

So, what did everyone think of (The Very Long Night of) Dr Linus?

If Emerson doesn't pick up another support actor Emmy (or nomination, at least) on the strength of it I'll be seriously surprised .... :cool:

Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Linus!

meet_linus_big.gif

er... I mean, Linus!

normal_4x13-cap-817.jpg

I'm totally digging the whole aftermath of Jacob's death thing.

It's interesting that the 3 characters that have always been the absolute heroes- Hurley, Jack and Sun- are now allied with Ben and Richard. Also that Miles said Jacob was hoping, right up to death, that Ben would not disappoint him- as if he needed to be more "pure" or something- seems like Jacob's side is attracting all the goody-two-shoes by design (Ben and Richard being there sort of by accident only as a result of his death) and Lock-thing is attracting people with morally checkered histories, like Sayid and Kate.

Many fans have been looking forward to a supposedly upcoming Richard-centric episode. Though I would enjoy that, too, I really feel like he gave us enough of his backstory to get the feel of the man. Really, the big mystery with Richard is solved- he came on the Black Rock centuries ago, Jacob used his super-powers to make him effectively immortal and to be his servant. We don't really need a Richard-centric episode at this point now but that's not to say I wouldn't enjoy one anyway.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE ONLY IMPORTANT PART OF MY POST

..because I was thinking last night, you know, we have these magical powers and creatures and also dead people talking to Hurley and Miles (sorta). And now Jacob with the ability to make men immortal. I am hoping they could actually tie the story in with an explanation as to how that stuff is possible. Like Jacob and maybe his enemy have some connection to death, or "life energy" or souls or whatever the hell. Right now we're accepting Miles' and Hurley's abilities as psychic mumbo-jumbo, but it feels to me like at this point they could actually work some sort of Star Trek-y explanation into how it relates to everything.

I'm still looking forward to the Richard episode, also if the big question was answered .. simply because that episode could be anything. It could be set in 19th century England, if they'll do the flashback thing again .. but if they stick to the current format (... flash-sideways?), who knows what or where it will be. So far this season has shown how things were changed by the actions of the protagonists - most people never came to the island, Ben never came back after being evacuated.

But where was Richard when the nuke went off? The original 70s Richard was still somewhere on the island, and did not evacuate with everyone else unless I'm completely mistaken. A Richard episode might show how the island ended up at the bottom of the ocean in the new timeline, if it shows what happeend to the original him after the blast.

Also looking forward to the Jin and Sun episode coming soon - which might explain how Jin got in the freezer.

But where was Richard when the nuke went off? The original 70s Richard was still somewhere on the island, and did not evacuate with everyone else unless I'm completely mistaken. A Richard episode might show how the island ended up at the bottom of the ocean in the new timeline, if it shows what happeend to the original him after the blast.
Oooh, nice one, hadn't considered they could use a Richard episode to explain the sunken island from the premiere, that does sound fun.

I really liked the episode too. Good to see something with more of a story for the ever minor character Dr. Arntz too. I enjoy some of the little things like Miles' comment about the worth of the diamonds being buried with Nikki and Paulo, probably two of the most worthless characters there were. I do hope they do a Richard type story, although I agree that it probably isn't necessary. Watching how everyone has chosen sides is just great!

I didn't even realize the science teacher was an older character on the show until I read it on the internet.

Loved this episode. And I am REALLY looking forward to Richard's episode. I want all the details! I want to see him arrive on the island; I want to see it all. I want to know why he never returned to his ship.

Ben is just amazing, imho. I still think he should be the island's protector. :) I think he's the best suited and he always will be.

I'm trying to remember if his name was scratched out or not on the lighthouse wheel.

And I have to admit, I thought he was going to sell Alex down the river in the alternate timeline. I'm so glad he didn't.

I didn't even realize the science teacher was an older character on the show until I read it on the internet.
Really, you don't remember him blowing into a million pieces at the Black Rock in S1 when they went with Danielle to get Dynamite? "Dude, you got some Arzt on you" is a classic Hurley line. I actually had forgotten he was a Science teacher myself

Really, you don't remember him blowing into a million pieces at the Black Rock in S1 when they went with Danielle to get Dynamite? "Dude, you got some Arzt on you" is a classic Hurley line. I actually had forgotten he was a Science teacher myself

That was brilliant because they made it look like they were introducing a new "regular" character and being hamfisted about it. So you took an instant dislike to Arzt... and then the payoff comes at the end when you realise they were setting him up for a fall all along.

You are supposed as a huiman being to think "how awful" but you burst out laughing...

... and then your cosnbcience kicks in and you get a slight pang of guilt for what you've just done:p

That was brilliant because they made it look like they were introducing a new "regular" character and being hamfisted about it. So you took an instant dislike to Arzt... and then the payoff comes at the end when you realise they were setting him up for a fall all along.

You are supposed as a huiman being to think "how awful" but you burst out laughing...

... and then your cosnbcience kicks in and you get a slight pang of guilt for what you've just done:p
That's right, he appeared to be Boone's replacement, I remember all the groaning on the ABC LOST Board

He always made me laugh during his appearances, so I've always liked him. He is one that a lot of people either just ignore, forget about, or just don't pay much attention to. He has been in several episodes throughout the series, including twice so far this season (the opener and the most recent episode).

Well, first they said mira Furlan could not find time in her schedule to return to LOST, now they are confirming that her Rousseau character, or at least the sideways version of her, will be returning.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back