• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sin City

admiraldave

Regular
I just saw the trailers for Sin City, and I must say, I'm psyched over this movie. The trailers were beyond cool, the cast looks awesome, the visuals look stunning, and I'm loving the music that was in the trailer. I loved the music Robert Rodriguez put into Kill Bill Vol. 2, and this looks to be the movie that will break us out of the incredible slump of boring movies. Honestly, this is the first time this year I'm interested in going to the cinema.

Yes, this DOES look to be promising. Hopefully, it won't turn out to be crap. I'd say I have a good feeling about this, but several of the movies that I've said the same about over the past few months didn't quite work out that way.

Then again, I haven't actually seen a movie in a theater since last May when I saw Van Helsing.... GOD, that depresses me.

Not to mention Rosario Dawson, Alexis Bledel, Devon Aoki (hot sword wielding chick in the trailer), Brittany Murphy and Jaime King. There's enough female talent here to make me consider turning straight.

Then again, I haven't actually seen a movie in a theater since last May when I saw Van Helsing.... GOD, that depresses me.

Heh, got you beat. :(

"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" which I saw in the theater in January 2004.

Saw it last night. Pretty good. My friend said it was very faithful to the comics, and the whole thing really did feel like a comic book. The story structure was good, the women were hot, the guns were big. Awesome color scheme, too. But if you at all appreciate restraint in your movies, don't see this one.

I loved it. Brilliant. Never been a Mickey Rourke fan, but he kicked major arse in this movie. I'm a convert now.

I loved it. Brilliant. Never been a Mickey Rourke fan, but he kicked major arse in this movie. I'm a convert now.

Ever see "Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man" ? Mickey Rourke and Don Johnson. FYI, another few good Don Johnson movies are "The Hot Spot" (with Jennifer Connely :D :D :D ), "Dead Bang" and "Guilty as Sin."

Perhaps I should have left "Guilty as Sin" out. It's not as good as the other three. HDatMM has a lot of great, funny in a wise-a** way, dialogue. THS will make you long for the day when Jennifer Connely had that great natural top, and is stylish. DB is very stylish. Love the music in DB.

Saw Sin City last night. Good movie, very cool visuals. That said, the noirish voiceovers were uneven, coming close to being rather annoying.

I didn't like this one. I liked the violence, I liked the looks, but this movie just didn't "click" with me at all. I came close to just walking out of it at several times, I just did not at all care about what happened at any point. In fact, my mother did walk out of it 45 minutes from the end. Plus the voice-overs drove me nuts. Narration in movies is ok. But this had me saying "Ok, SHUT UP, i can see what you're doing," many times during the movie. I should have waited to rent this so I could turn on the captions and hit the mute button.

I just got back from seeing this a little while ago. I honestly didn't know what to expect or more simply, what it was about. I knew it had a comic book origin.

It really did have that comic book feel. I enjoyed it. The casting was awesome, and the hot chicks didn't hurt. I like how it all intertwined and everything connected. I did know exactly who that yellow dude was as soon as he dropped off that last letter.

This will more than likely end up as a DVD in my collection.

Back