• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Logical Insanity

Redbo6982

Okay my first post i'm probably gonna make some hardcore fans mad, but I love this show and I just have to point out some small illogical consistencies. First off in "In the beginning" in first contact, on a mission with a possibility of first contact we know the centauri and the membari have had contact so any message sent to the membari should have been in an alien language to which they've had contact with, that avoids the war all together, secondly after sheridans victory with the nuke, by the battle of the line we should have know the membari fleets optimum firing range and earth space should have been lined with nuclear weapons to decimate their fleet. If you disagree agree or have anymore illogical inconsistencies you'd like to discuss please reply

Regarding the first contact incident: the Earth ship wasn't sent to make contact. They were sent to just check out the very outter edge of Minbari space, scan the area, and report back. They had been specifically ordered to not go any further, but the captain of the ship was arrogant and greedy and wanted beaucoup de military metals, so he pushed the ship in further than the mission had been constructed for.

Sheridan's victory was such a simple trick, I can't see the Minbari falling for it again. They would just detect the nukes, and destroy them at a distance.

... earth space should have been lined with nuclear weapons to decimate their fleet. If you disagree agree or have anymore illogical inconsistencies you'd like to discuss please reply

Do you have any idea how many nuclear weapons that would take? We are talking many thousands of miles of space in 3 dimensions all around the Earth at probably a fair distance. Even if they had wanted to do this, I doubt that Earth had the money or infrastructure to produce or buy in anything like enough nuclear warheads to cover even a proportion of the sky. Not to mention how long it would take to put them into place.

And that is to ignore the hyperspace issue ...

Place the nuclear weapons too far away from Earth and the Minbari ships simply bypass them by jumping out of hyperspace inside the "ring of death".

OTOH, place them too close and the Minbari ships simply sit outside the ring and pound Earth and its ships from there.

Sounds to me like too much time, effort, energy and money expended for potentially little or no protection.

Where ever they were placed, the Minbari, now knowing of their existence, would scan for them, and destroy them from a safe distance. Booby traps only work once, unless you really are a booby, and the Minbari weren't boobies.

Dukhat was at fault for not revealing the information passed to him by Kosh about the humans to Delenn earlier, which in turn would have allowed her to put things into place to avoid any potential conflict. He kept the information to himself, possibly at the insistance of the two vorlons and the rest.................well you know what happened.

As far as the nukes are concerned, I always thought they fell for it because they were so focused on killing humans, they gave very little regard to anything else..

Dukhat was at fault for not revealing the information passed to him by Kosh about the humans to Delenn earlier, which in turn would have allowed her to put things into place to avoid any potential conflict. He kept the information to himself, possibly at the insistance of the two vorlons and the rest.................well you know what happened.

Without Earth-Minbari war, there wouldn't be any Babylon stations. No Valen, and Minbari would lost the first Shadow war.

Perhaps Vorlon knew it beforehand that Dukhat would be killed, and there would be a holy war. They just played it to their favor.

As far as the nukes are concerned, I always thought they fell for it because they were so focused on killing humans, they gave very little regard to anything else..

As Londo said, "Arrogance goeth before the fall."

The Vorlons were operating on what Valen had told them to do. There had to be an Earth-Minbari War because, among other things, from Valen's perspective it had already happened. If the Vorlons had done anything else, they would have been changing the past. Even if that past hadn't happened yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Back