• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jeremiah renewed

Well, I was kinda expecting to get some kind of conformation over here, but it would seem I'm breaking the news (or the rumor?)

I kinda believe this IS news, since there is factual new information included.

Aug 27: Jeremiah Renewed: Showtime has given its original series 'Jeremiah' a 15 episode renewal for next season. The series from J. Michael Straczynski has also just signed Grant Rosenberg to Executive Produce the second season. Jeremiah stars Luke Perry and Malcomb-Jamal Warner as survivors of a deadly virus in a post-apocalyptic future where all the adults have died many years ago. Jeremiah is filmed in vancouver, Canada. Grant Rosenberg most recently wrapped working on Tracker. His genre list is long having worked on Poltergeist: the Legacy, Time Trax, Outer Limits, Lois and Clark, MacGyver, and Star Trek: the Next Generation. He's even done work on Baywatch.

And here is the source of the info :
http://www.scifi2k.com/anews2187.html

An other executive producer?
Is this one replacing one from the first season ? Sam Egan? God, I hope he's not replacing jms!
15 episodes seems a small number to me. I don't think this is usual on Showtime, is it? Well, 15 is better than zero, I guess /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Sullivan

Great news! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I hope is true but I suppose they wouldn't get so much details for a rumor only. Well as you say, 15 episodes is better than zero. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I wonder if JMS got Grant Rosenberg to Executive Produce the show so he can write more episodes. The non-JMS episodes were good but not as strong as the others were and the ratings fell towards the end. Even though it was near the 4th of July, bad ratings are bad ratings and ratings for whatever reason killed Legend of the Rangers. I think fans should be grateful the Showtime has taken a chance on this show for S2. I just hope that Showtime is given this show a chance to continue and not letting (forcing) Jeremiah to conclude after 15 episodes. I guess another way of saying it is: I hope Showtime is not telling JMS--you have 15 episodes to conclude and wrap up your story in the meantime we are working on a new show to start after Jeremiah is concluded.

I hope that is not the case, I suppose SavantB5 would have more insight into what the meaning of commissioning 15 episodes really means in the industry. I hope it is a very positive sign, but I don't know.

Thanks for the news Tom! As most of you know, I am in the middle of moving and closing for our house so we can actually move somewhere on Friday instead of my dad's house. I am beat and there is so much more to do. At least most of the packing is done. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

We are about ready to take our web server offline for the next 12-18 hours so I will have just enough time to post the news before it goes down. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Figures that I just sent out a bulletin today for the newsletter saying I haven't heard news of a renewal. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I was hoping to hear a confirmation from the channels that I have ... but have not so far. However, the 15 episode renewal tracks what I have heard previously so I agree that it is probably more news than rumor. I am still holding out for the word from more official channels but this is a very, very good indication. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I am fine with 15 episodes since it is better than none. Plus, if they trimmed last season a few episodes, I don't think it would have hurt. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Also, premium cable shows have wacky numbers of episodes per season. Sex in the City started with 12 eps, then 18 for each season after for instance. I still don't think it is a terribly good sign to decrease the number rather than increase but maybe someone else can interpret that for us. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Hmm, wonder when production starts and if JMS is attending V-Con because he will be working there in October. I wonder how one gets invited to the set? /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

If its true its good news that the show was renewed. Most cable shows are 13 episodes(except for Farscape and stargate) so the 15 is good enough for me.

I still havent seen any online news or entertainment sources post it online so ill wait till we see some official release before getting happy :)

capt

I'm just happy we *have* episodes.

Rosenberg, if I am not mistaken, was involved in Jeremiah's inception, pre-production, and financing.

You mean Scott Rosenberg don't you? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif He has been involved since pre-production but I haven't heard of this Grant Rosenberg ... wonder if they are related? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'd really like to see confirmation on this rumor.

A friend of mine who introduced me to and got me hooked on Babylon 5 over a year ago doesn't have Showtime, so I lent him my tapes here recently and got him hooked on Jeremiah. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Farscape is on hiatus until January...there is so little good television on anymore. If I at least knew for sure that Jeremiah was renewed, I could rest easy until Sopranos starts. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Haze

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Also, premium cable shows have wacky numbers of episodes per season. Sex in the City started with 12 eps, then 18 for each season after for instance.

[/quote]

not to mention OZ which has 9 or 10 eps a season.

Just to add that I've heard that Showtime has also ordered shorter QAF seasons (both season 1&2 were 22 episodes, I think I've read season 3&4 will be 18 episodes).

If this is confirmed, then that would mean that Showtime is probably reducing the number episodes per season for all its shows, like most cable channel. Probably in order to be able to produce more different series.

Tom

If 15 eps means that JMS is dedicating more time to the script and will write them all, that is fine with me. I could have subtracted about 5 episodes from last season without shedding a tear

Sigh...I was kinda hoping it would be sooner than that! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I suppose it would make sense though since it started in March last season. I'll just keep hoping that it does start sooner, even though it probably won't! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

They still have to re-up the cast on their contracts, get everything back and ready to go in Vancouver, and there's pre-production and planning and all that sort of neat stuff. If the series is a go, they've probably been doing this already, perhaps for a couple weeks.

I don't estimate before January...

Pay cable channels can do whatever they want, but I'd imagine they'd shoot for a March premiere to match last year's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back