• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Word of warning: Hacker

Jacqui

Just a note of warning. My IHW Cafe board was hacked and wiped out this morning. The folks responsible are from hackertr.org.

Luckily I have everything backed up, but a full restoration of a large phpBB takes a while. Not to mention having to move to a more secure server, etc.

I thought I'd give everyone a heads up just in case. I recognize the IP address. These morons have been trying to find a way into my board for a few months now. Today, they hacked my admin account and after that, well. . .total meltdown.

Obviously, someone wasn't taught basic manners as a child. Too bad I'm no longer a witch. This definitely calls for a "dick-drop-off" spell! :mad:

Jacqui

Too bad I'm no longer a witch. This definitely calls for a "dick-drop-off" spell! :mad:

Jacqui

If they are doing that kind of thing, they are most likely already dickless. And, hey, I thought 'once a witch, always a witch.' I didn't know you could resign. Hmmm... Have a mind-wipe did you? :D I guess that would do it!

The good news is that I managed to update and install more secure software, etc.

In Harm's Way Café

The bad news is we lost all our posts. The full restoration did not work, for whatever lame reason.

Oh, yes, it's definitely been a "beer for breakfast" kind of day.

And yeah, I guess I did have a mind wipe. :LOL: Figuratively speaking.

Jacqui

Where's a good technomage when you need one? He could purchase 5,000 shares in Fireflies, Inc. for this hax0r.

I'm sorry for what you experienced, but you the problem lies with...

a large phpBB

There's a reason why I won't touch that with a barge pole, or even some else's barge pole. phpBB has shown itself to be very insecure. Ditch it and go with another system if you can.

Just a note of warning. My IHW Cafe board was hacked and wiped out this morning. The folks responsible are from hackertr.org.

Luckily I have everything backed up, but a full restoration of a large phpBB takes a while. Not to mention having to move to a more secure server, etc.

I thought I'd give everyone a heads up just in case. I recognize the IP address. These morons have been trying to find a way into my board for a few months now. Today, they hacked my admin account and after that, well. . .total meltdown.

Obviously, someone wasn't taught basic manners as a child. Too bad I'm no longer a witch. This definitely calls for a "dick-drop-off" spell! :mad:

Jacqui

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;URL=http://hackertr.org">

Hi, anonymous fellow. Assuming you're from there, I have a reminder.

No worthwhile hacking occurs on phpBB boards. If someone wanted to do worthwhile hacking (not stuff which makes you think "what a waste") they'd forget scanning known vulnerabilities, jumping old loopholes, mounting silly fame games.

They would instead choose a proper darknet/mixnet (or some other hardened system they actually want to be stronger) study its operation, and try finding weakness there.

Everyone is welcome, from those who mess with ciphers, to those who mess with buffers. Discoveries are usually shared, problems fixed, and issues discussed openly so everyone learns. Of course, you can find interesting research out in the open too (interesting work meaning classy stuff like "Silver Needle in the Skype") but trust me, most of it doesn't relate to phpBB boards. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back