• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Z'Ha'Dum Realization (spoilers)

Alluveal

Regular
Z\'Ha\'Dum Realization (spoilers)

Spoilers below
I rewatched the episode, Z'ha'dum, tonight and I really had to chuckle. Why didn't I pick this up the second, third or fourth time. But, when Sheridan is led into the room by Anna (to meet with Justin and Morden) some of the first things out of his mouth are "who are you? Who are you?"

I swear, that was Kosh coming through or just a very Kosh-like thing Sheridan was doing. He also grilled Lorien a few times with the "who are you" line. (Which could have been one reason Lorien was saying "there's a vorlon inside you... he's part of the problem.")

I also had to wonder, how did Kosh's consciousness feel being on the Shadow homeworld and being in the proverbial lion's den? Though he was well hidden in Sheridan, man.... can you imagine?

Just a few random thoughts. I watched lots of B5 today for fun.

lulu

Re: Z\'Ha\'Dum Realization (spoilers)

Wasn't "Who are you?" one of Lorien's favorite questions too? ;)

The question didn't bother Lorien nearly as much as it bugged Justin and the Shadows. They don't give Sheridan much of a straight answer.

Oh, Kosh, they HATED when he started in on the "who are you" stuff. The look on Justin's face when he demanded to know was priceless!

And yes, RW, it's interesting how Lorien had that question as well. But KoshFan sure is right, he twitterpated the shadow-drones something awful when he walked in and started throwing that particular question around. It made me chuckle.

I have a friend at my board who is watching B5 with her hubby for the first time. She posted once to say that everything is going to Z'Ha'Dum in a handbasket. :LOL:

And when someone (Sheridan, I thnk) asked Kosh the "Shadow" question ("What do you want?") Kosh got pissed off and said, "NEVER ask that."

BTW, I don't think it was Kosh or Sheridan being Kosh-like. You're whisked off to a dangerous alien world by you supposedly dead wife and meet someone who is a stranger to you but who she obviously knows. What would your first question be? "Who does your hair?" :D

"Who are you?" is the most natural question in the word, under the circumstances, Vorlons or no Vorlons.

Regards,

Joe

It is natural, yes, but it held double meaning for me. =) And you're right about the "what do you want" part. Ohhhh.. never ask that question indeed.

Back on topic...

Strange, I watched this the other day with the commentary on.

Anyway, it was only because JMS mentioned the fact that the first thing Sheridan says is "Who are you" that I even got the connection, because like JDM says, it just seemed a natural question.

He also mentioned how Anna was uncomfortable on the Whitestar because of her Shadow influence and the fact the ship was part Vorlorn technology, which I never noticed either (though to be fair, JMS said he felt it hadn't come off that well), i'm beginning to wonder how come I love this show so much if I keep missing things like that... :)

I also watched this ep last week with JMS' commentary. I actually had noticed the significance during the original run of the show--but then, I was taping and rewatching while I worked on my novel and was looking for every possible nuance.

JMS also mentioned that the problem with the two warring races was this: The Vorlons knew who they were, but not what they wanted. The Shadows knew what they wanted, but not who they were. I thought that was fascinating. To be so godlike and evolved. . .and yet not have the answers to fundamental questions.

I keep saying, but it's true: OMG, I do adore this show!

Jacqui

Back on topic...

Spoilsport! :)

I always thought Anna was pretty clear about her aversion to the White Star. She asks Sheridan if it based on Vorlon technology in a way that struck me as more as confirming something she was sensing as she asked the question than something the Shadows had briefed her about. Like she can feel the Vorlon presence because of her own Shadow implants. (It is amusing to think that this might have prevented her from sensing the bit of Kosh still in Sheridan. The trip to Z'ha'dum is far and away the longest time they spend together and the longest time they are alone. If she was going to pick up anything, that was the time it would have happened.)

Regards,

Joe

Anna is actively frightened of the light bulb on the Whitestar.

Light = Army of Light => its leaders the Vorlons

Right. That's why she shies away from lights on B5 and Z'ha'dum's sun and - Oh, wait. She doesn't do any of that. Maybe she realizes that "Army of Light" is just a frickin' metaphor and there's no reason to be afraid of a GE 60 watt lightbulb. :)

Regards,

Joe

You wonder if a shadow could sense Kosh's consciousness in Sheridan? I always wondered that....

kind of like (shiver) feels like someone just walked over my chaotic lil grave!

Maybe she realizes that "Army of Light" is just a frickin' metaphor and there's no reason to be afraid of a GE 60 watt lightbulb. :)
Yea, but Vorlon light bulbs are notoriously unreliable. Multiple serious incidents of fire and injury have resulted from their use. Practises of good spaceship engineering strongly discourage it. :p

Talking of Vorlon lightbulbs. Was there ever a "How many Vorlons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?" joke?

I recall hearing one Elric, but, can't even tell you what the gist of it was.

Talking of Vorlon lightbulbs. Was there ever a "How many Vorlons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?" joke?

"How many Vorlons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

"Impudent"

:D

New twist to the old Byron question of angels dancing on a head of a pin...

How many Vorlons can dance on the head of a pin? As many as want to. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back