• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tinashi

Just thought i woild say hi to every one...Hi
Is it better to buy all the series seperately or the new box set??.
Thnx
Tin ;)

Well, the new box set might be cheaper in the long run, but, season by season is easier ont he pocketbook.

I think there was some issue mentioned recently about compensation for the actors and JMS with the new complete box set, although I'm not sure, someone else probably remembers better.

I wouldn't want that new boxed set, personally, because it's a mamoth size, and I love the convenience of my Region 1 seperate season box sets. Much easier to loan out with the seperate season sets, too.

A lot of seperate DVD sets can be got on special offer (at leadt here in the UK) at around half their release value. Try those. On the other hand, if you have the cash, the box set looks cool to me...

I've been given the impression the large box set is simply all the smaller ones in one box, with the same extras, so its mainly on price. Although I suspect if you order the giant box you avoid having any of the wrong credit sequence problems.

The "new" boxed set is just a repackaging of the previously released discs. Neither the content nor the compensation deals for the talent have changed in any way since the individual season releases.

Regards,

Joe

Why would anyone expect it to change?

On movies the studios frequently do multiple releases with additional material. This has happened with a few TV series as well, but most often because of some other more fundamental reason for a re-issue. (As when Paramount released the original Star Trek in boxed sets after originally releasing on individual 2-episode discs.) The first season of CSi was released in 4:3 full-frame and had fewer extras than subsequent seasons, which were released in widescreen. It will be getting a re-issue late this year or early next in widescreen and with some new supplements.

So it wouldn't be unprecedented for such a release to have new content - but that isn't the case here.

Regards,

Joe

The first season of CSi was released in 4:3 full-frame and had fewer extras than subsequent seasons, which were released in widescreen. It will be getting a re-issue late this year or early next in widescreen and with some new supplements.

So it wouldn't be unprecedented for such a release to have new content - but that isn't the case here.

C.S.I. - Season 1 re-release to include new extras such as deleted scenes

Feels like this is taking forever to come out. If this re-release isn't in widescreen (Note the wording in the article.), it'd be a blunder of epic proportions. :rolleyes:

"Always bet on stupidity."
-- Sniper in Babylon 5:"Ceremonies of Light and Dark"

I could have sworn I saw something after Gord's original post on the S-1 re-issue that confirmed that it will be widescreen - but that may have been wishful thinking. Still, given the time and expense involved in re-issuing the set, and the obvious benefit in giving fans who already own it the maximum incentive to buy it again, I'd be astonished if Paramount didn't include new widescreen transfers.

Regards,

Joe

I could have sworn I saw something after Gord's original post on the S-1 re-issue that confirmed that it will be widescreen - but that may have been wishful thinking.

Yeah, I think it was wishful thinking on my part as well. I just emailed David for an update.

Still, given the time and expense involved in re-issuing the set, and the obvious benefit in giving fans who already own it the maximum incentive to buy it again, I'd be astonished if Paramount didn't include new widescreen transfers.

Again, I point to the sniper line:

Hard not to get my hopes up, though.

0720 11/16/2005 - This just in.....

----- Original Message -----
To: koshn
Cc: "Gord Lacey"
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:08 AM
Subject: Re: TSoD Contact Form: ? re. CSI Season Re-Release
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:40:54 -0800 (PST)
koshn wrote:

> re. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2957
>
> Any official word yet on whether or not the re-release will include new
>widescreen (16:9) transfers?

As you know, that was reported by another website back in February, and we
simply relayed the information. We never got any other confirmation from the
studio that such a release was planned for DVD. The year is almost over, and
we know for a fact that no such release will happen in 2005.

If the plans this other website reported were indeed accurate at the time,
then perhaps the studio has either delayed the plans until 2006, or else
decided to hold onto the concept until they can do it in HD-DVD or Blu-ray
(one of the new high-definition home video formats that should launch next
year, which the industry hopes will replace DVD). In any case, at this late
date I would recommend that you disregard the info we previously posted and
assume that no release is coming, unless you hear fresh word about it from us
or another source later on.

Since TVShowsOnDVD never had any information ourselves about this release
other than what a different website reported, we cannot speculate on what
aspect ratio it may have been planned for.

Dave Lambert,
News Director
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Oh, well....

Again, I point to the sniper line:

I'm not entirely sure (and it is certainly picking extreme nits in any case), but ......

Was it really:
"Always bet on stupidity"

Or was it:
"Never bet against stupidity"

Just checking. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Back