• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS interview at IGN

I have to admit, I'm chuckling a bit myself. BTW, there is no way that whatever this project is has already been shot. JMS only finished revising scripts about a month ago. That is an impossibility. Therefore, his hint had to be about something else.

Given the fact that features are often times announced for production during the Cannes Film Festival (including major studio announcements), and given that B5 has a massive international audience, and given that WB will want to make the announcement when all eyes will be seeing and ears will be listening...it is quite possible that, in fact, a feature film will be announced at Cannes.

Note I said "possible."

Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

CE :D

Perhaps the reference to "can" means food in a can. Perhaps the next production is a Babylon 5 canned food line, such as canned spoo, canned flarn, and canned breen. :eek:

I have to admit, I'm chuckling a bit myself. BTW, there is no way that whatever this project is has already been shot. JMS only finished revising scripts about a month ago. That is an impossibility. Therefore, his hint had to be about something else.
Agreed that if the script required additional shooting it cannot have been done already. However, if it is using something already shot, then, as one might say, "the clue is in the can," or, to put it another way, "'in the can' is the clue."

I don't know how to interpret this, nor am I insisting that this is the correct translation, but I will dispute that anyone can state authoratatively that "his hint had to be about something else." It could be about exactly what my proposed (potential) interpretation says it is about. I hope not, because that means it is much smaller a project than I am looking for, but speculation shouldn't include dismissing possible interpretations just because we don't like 'em.

Guess JMS opened up a whole 'Canne of worms' with this one!!
:D :D
Or has that already been done?

Edit:
And with one fell pun he kills the thread he started. What symmetry.

Perhaps the reference to "can" means food in a can. Perhaps the next production is a Babylon 5 canned food line, such as canned spoo, canned flarn, and canned breen. :eek:
Don't forget Swedish meatballs! As every race has some version of them, they would be quite popular. :LOL:

All Im saying is that I cant see how in the can would work, I am of the impression that whatever it is requires filming, and that it cant have been done yet.

Anyhow, I just think it doesnt fit.

:confused:

We are all mad!

That is why we are here.

( but hey - got S4 on dvd today ( changing tack ).
Warners have listened to criticism and each dvd came in its own case - and not loose like the last 3 seasons. Hooray!

Perhaps the reference to "can" means food in a can. Perhaps the next production is a Babylon 5 canned food line, such as canned spoo, canned flarn, and canned breen.

Don't forget Swedish meatballs! As every race has some version of them, they would be quite popular.

Well, the afore-listed breen is the Narn version of swedish meatballs.

Warners have listened to criticism and each dvd came in its own case - and not loose like the last 3 seasons. Hooray!

Actually, if you check the thread below this one (the one that started about the lucky folks stateside who have their R1 S5 DVDs) a few of us have been bemoaning the change. It's flmisier IMHO, and certainly makes my DVD shelf less pretty. :(

VB

"In the can" may also mean "Yes".

From J. Michael Straczynski's introduction to the Season 4 DVDs dated 10 September 2003

... and finally the future-history ot The Deconstruction of Falling Stars, which answers once and for all the other question that is at the heart of Babylon 5: can one person really make a difference?

The answer to that question, just for the record, and despite everything that the world can throw against us, is a most emphatic and heartfelt yes.

Enjoy.

Don't forget Swedish meatballs! As every race has some version of them, they would be quite popular. :LOL:

Breen IS the Swedish meatball like food, and the only one of the three I would consider buying to eat. ;)

edit: Sorry, Vacantlook, I missed the posts on this page, before I posted.

I just love them! Can't live without them.
They are a "must" (as in must-have) on the Christmas and Midsummers smorgasbord!

Yummy!
/ IAS

Long-time Lurker, first time poster.

Couldn't it simply be a case of the announcement will be made with a film clip or audio clip of some sort (IE: Trailer, synopsis, etc) and that clip is already in the can?

Can't you people just wait until the middle of May? :p

EH! What's the fun in that? No speculating, no arguing, no bitching, no whining, no "I'm right, you're wrong," and no frelling gloating when we do find out.

Boring. :D

Oh and no trailer would be done, Sindatur. In order to have a trailer you have to shoot the film. Which...isn't done yet. But as I've said before...I'm sure all will be perfectly clear about 15 May, 2004. :p

Back