• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Costume

AMRA

Would like to find a B5 costume of good quality and affordable... Earth Force, Alliance, or President Sherdian's Suit. Preferably the latter. I have look on the web, only found cheaply made uniforms.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Last edited:
Would like to find a B5 costume of good quality and affordable... Earth Force, Alliance, or President Sherdian's Suit. Preferably the latter. I have look on the web, only found cheaply made uniforms.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Good luck with that. I tried for years to find a good blue Earthforce uniform, but there was nothing. I tried to find tailors who specialized in cosplay stuff, but they were backed up with orders. I tried local tailors who told me flat out that they couldn't do it. I bought an old Ike jacket and tried to modify it myself, that didn't work out too well. I think one of the reasons no one's done a B5 fanfilm is that the uniforms are just too darn hard/expensive to make.

What you might wanna' do is find someone at a con who has such a thing http://www.pbase.com/scottmiron/image/101021770 or check out some cosplay sites http://www.cosplay.com/archive/index.php/t-19404.html and ask them how they got theirs, then see if they can point you at whomever made 'em.

It'll be pretty pricey, though.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of trying just what you suggested, mainly going to a tailor. I would not attemp to create a uniform myself and really was hoping on not spending to much money on this project. There is a large costume company in the metro area, maybe I they can help. If I find out something good I'll let you know if your still interested.

Maybe someone else can give us a suggestion.

well I dont know if they still do them, but I got my Earthforce from a UK company called 'Janet Lawn Costumes' (I think thats the name... was a long time ago).. The Quality was brilliant. Bought it at 'The Alliance' Convention in Blackpool way back when..

It may be moth food now, but at the time it was brilliant.

well I dont know if they still do them, but I got my Earthforce from a UK company called 'Janet Lawn Costumes' (I think thats the name... was a long time ago).. The Quality was brilliant. Bought it at 'The Alliance' Convention in Blackpool way back when..

It may be moth food now, but at the time it was brilliant.

I'm envious. I tried to get them to do one for me back in the day, but they said they were massively backordered, and wouldn't be able to get to it for years. Plural.

hello! im the new one here!!

does anyone of you know where i can get the costume of G´Kar?

i`m sculpting the head from G´Kar myself right now and i need the clothes from him, too!

thanks for your help!

jupiieh

by the way: is anyone of you here from germany like me?

hello! im the new one here!!

does anyone of you know where i can get the costume of G´Kar?

i`m sculpting the head from G´Kar myself right now and i need the clothes from him, too!

thanks for your help!

jupiieh

No clue. I think it would probably be easier to have someone make the costume for you. Undoubtedly it'd be cheaper.

I am. Pleased to meet you!

I've sewn costumes for a different fandom (Lord of the Rings), and a website with ideas says:
Keep in mind when you recreate a costume.​

• I want it now!​
  • I want it cheep!​
  • I want it to be perfect!​
You only get 2 out of 3!!!!!! Pick carefully.​
Buying finished costumes can be very expensive; you can check out eBay or google "Babylon 5 costume" to see what you find. I agree with Republibot - trying to make it yourself or to have a friend sew it for you may be a better idea.

FWIW, I've never seen anything resembling a G'Kar costume on Ebay. A few Narn masks, that's it.

Jan

im sure it will be more cheap..hehe

ähm... does anyone now where i can get the patterns for his costume? who could offer it? who could HAVE it..?

by the way, this is why i ask for the clothes..smiiiiile:

its in progress, like everyone can see :) i made this in only 4 sessions..

im sure it will be more cheap..hehe

ähm... does anyone now where i can get the patterns for his costume? who could offer it? who could HAVE it..?

by the way, this is why i ask for the clothes..smiiiiile:

its in progress, like everyone can see :) i made this in only 4 sessions..

Your best bet would be to try and contact Ann Bruice Aling. She was the costume designer for Babylon 5. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0115835/ She's retired as far as I know, but you may be able to contact her through IMDb pro if she's still got an agent. It's extremely unlikely that WB still has patterns and stuff, and it's not really likely that she would either, but if I were looking, I'd start there.

Does it have to be actual fabric? Could the clothes be sculpted, too?

Would any of these sites likely have Minbari headbones? It doesn't have to be anyone's specific but one would be great. Do those even get made anymore?

uuups... HOLY SHIT.........i forgot i joined already to this forum...... omg....
its me, "jupiieh". I am very surprised, not to say "shocked" that i see that!

sorry for my very late answer.. its not my style of "not answering".. sorry

by the way, thank you all for your answers... i will try to contact Ann... thank you so much! :)

ähm.. to the mods: please, can you delete my old account named "jupiieh"?

(this is now sooooo embarrassing for me.... hngrr :) )

Last edited:
Hey Valen, you'll probably be really envious to hear that I own the actual G'Kar chest piece from the show... I actually just popped in here because I wanted to suggest that you narrow the nose a bit on your headpiece sculpture; G'Kar's nose was not nearly that broad. You don't have to have seen one of the actual masks as closely as I have to see that (photos are good; I have the big life-sized G'Kar standee right here in the room with me), but it probably helps. So, take a look at this:

http://collection.movingimage.us/index.php?g=detail&object_id=99056

As for the Minbari headbones, Deseret, I think they still sell the rubber ones with the blue-spotted bald pate in a few places (they're not making them anymore, but there's still some stock out there). At least, I found one as recently as 2000 or 2001 (can't remember exactly when). Maybe from Intergalactic Trading in Florida? Not sure, it's been so many years. On that one, I cut out the bald pate and part of the bottom back to make it into a post-Chrysalis Delenn headbone. It looked surprisingly good the few times I wore it! Good luck with your search.

waaaaaahh:drool: i want to own this too !!!!!:klingon: :)

but i know i cannot pay the money for this wonderful unicate... and i would never try to put it on my face, cause it belonged to Andy Katsulas. Dudes, i LOVE the character G`Kar... i would never do something that would not respect to Mr. Katsulas` work.

So i make better my own mask... hehe.. and what you see upon, is so old and out to date..haha ... i will open another thread with my actual status quo.;)

AnlaShokGrey: Thank you for this wonderful view :thumbsup: CAN YOU help me with patterns or otherwise tips for the clothing of G`Kar? (but cheap versions hehe)

AnlaShokGrey: Thank you for this wonderful view :thumbsup: CAN YOU help me with patterns or otherwise tips for the clothing of G`Kar? (but cheap versions hehe)

The only suggestion I can make is that you might want to try and find the cardboard 'standee' of G'Kar for sale somewhere. It's the largest, clearest photographic image of the costume (at least, the season two/three costume) you'll find anywhere. If you want to make the Citizen G'Kar costume (the long leather coat), you'll have to find photos of it online, I think.

(Of course, the easiest G'Kar costume to make would be his sleeping robe, but then you'd need to have the chest...AND I ALREADY HAVE IT!!!!! :-D )

Good luck!

wäh... why not me?? :D:D

no, i want the complete outfit from him, but from what season i don`t know yet. For the first i work on my mask.. and THEN i look for the making of the clothes... i think the cardboard is actually for me too expensive, too.

i think i look for all pictures i can find in internet and then i speak with a tailor..

But why the hell is nowhere anything about Narn Costumes?? I found only 2,3 good pics on flickr.com, but only the mask... where are the Narn-Cosplayers??????? This cannot be!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back