• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Another Trek Movie Rumor

Having someone in a position to axe all sci-fi because he hates it is.... for the BEST?

For Star Trek it is. I think we all can agree that some time away from the franchise woiuld be good.

And, frankly, some time away from any sci-fi would be good for the public. I think they've overloaded from all the Star Warses and Treks and Lords of the Rings and such.

Hollywood suits live behind revolving doors; the current channel boss will be gone in 2 or 3 years time. The replacement will want his own programmes. Introducing Sci-Fi is a simple way of showing that he is not his Sci-Fi hating predecessor.

Les Moonves isn't going anywhere. He runs major networks not individual channels. And yes, this is good news. Someone should have put a stake through Trek's heart during Voyager and spared us much awfulness. Then it could have lain fallow for a dozen years or so until someone found a way to breathe new life into the basic concept, the way that the new Battlestar Galactica does.

Regards,

Joe

I'd prefer someone who can see the sense in putting Trek to rest, but allowing for the possibility of some other science fiction show(s).

Les Moonves isn't going anywhere. He runs major networks not individual channels. And yes, this is good news. Someone should have put a stake through Trek's heart during Voyager and spared us much awfulness. Then it could have lain fallow for a dozen years or so until someone found a way to breathe new life into the basic concept, the way that the new Battlestar Galactica does.

Regards,

Joe

What, you didn't love watching 7 of 9 babysitting some borg children? And all those cool characters, like Vir...er, I mean Neelix, and Ensign Token Asian? No? Hello? Where'd everybody go?

You know what was cool... when the Batman movie franchise totally ignored all the crap that came before it and re-booted and ended up making a KICK-ASS flick which had, amongst other coolness, a badass all-terrain Batmobile, Morgan Freeman, and plenty of nip action from both genders. It's like they said, "Ok, look, we know everything we did before was pretty lame. Sorry."

And that's what Star Trek should do... show lots of nip.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back