• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Another Trek Movie Rumor

That has the faint wiff of desperation around it to possibly be ture, even though Stewart and The Shat have both said they would probably not do Trek again.

Mirror Universe? Come on, give it a rest...

Actually to be honest, if they could do it justice, the Mirror universe would probably be the place to go, because they can still do mostly whatever they want there, there isn't much canan to betray.

But, do I have faith they could do it justice or do I think it's time, the answer to both would be a resounding NO!!

Stewart and The Shat have both said they would probably not do Trek again.
There's also the question of scheduling the shooting. When would they be looking to shoot this?

From what I know about Stewart's schedule, I don't think that they could possibly start shooting this (at least not anything with him in it) until almost a year from now.

Like Sindatur said, if they can do it right it could be great. I doubt it will ever happen, unfortunately, but its a cool idea.

This is a shaky idea. It sounds like a bad rumor or maybe even an intentional mis-direct.

To make it worse, there is no mention of Deep Space Nine. TOS & Enterprise did one episode each in the mirror universe. TNG didn't go there at all. They get mentioned in the rumor. Deep Space Nine went to the mirror universe, on average, once per season, starting in season two. Unless they skipped a year, that's six episodes. And yet, DS9 is not mentioned.

The mirror concept may have started in TOS, but DS9 owned it. It's a shame DS9 is the branch of Trek that gets the shaft.

At least Voyager wasn't mentioned in the rumor.

They went into the mirror universe a lot, yea. And yea, DS9 is consistantly missing from Trek movie discussions.

A fact that must please JMS on some level. :)

Five episodes .. they skipped the mirror universe in season 5.

Season 2: Crossover

Season 3: Through the Looking Glass

Season 4: Shattered Mirror

Season 6: Resurrection

Season 7: The Emperor's New Cloak

The mirror concept may have started in TOS, but DS9 owned it.
And for precisely that reason, DS9 is the one for which most of Mirror Universe versions of the characters have already been offed.

It's been long enough now that I'm not even sure. Of the DS9 regulars, who all is still alive on the Mirror side?

I never really got into DS9, but I liked the original and was a big TNG fan. I also liked Enterprise ... in the beginning. :D I'm enough of a Trek fan to hope there will be another movie.

And for precisely that reason, DS9 is the one for which most of Mirror Universe versions of the characters have already been offed.

It's been long enough now that I'm not even sure. Of the DS9 regulars, who all is still alive on the Mirror side?

IIRC ..

O'Brian
Bashir
Kira
Ezri

Though not sure anymore :D .. has been a while since I saw the Emperor's New Cloak. Though my first thought was the same, yes .. who would be left?

IIRC ..

O'Brian
Bashir
Kira
Ezri

Though not sure anymore :D .. has been a while since I saw the Emperor's New Cloak. Though my first thought was the same, yes .. who would be left?
Hmmm, I had thought that I remembered Kira having been killed eventually on that side ..... I could be wrong though.

And it seems to me that Ezri shouldn't be Ezri Dax on that side. I thought that the Mirror Jadzhia, and with her the Dax Dax symbiant, had been killed.

But then, I ended up being a bit hit and miss on seeing DS9 in that last season (or two).

We can't get one stinking B5 movie made but they can keep cranking out crappy Star Trek movies. Arrrgghhh!

I agree. I felt the same way when I saw the movie promos for Bewitched, The Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky and Hutch, and others. I'm not being critical of those old shows, they had their place and probably have a good fan base too, it just makes me say, :( "Why not B5?" They had some big names in those movies, so it can't all be the cost of special effects, etc....can it?

And it seems to me that Ezri shouldn't be Ezri Dax on that side. I thought that the Mirror Jadzhia, and with her the Dax Dax symbiant, had been killed.

Which is exactly why I listed her as "Ezri", not as "Ezri Dax" :D

And unless I'm very much mistaken, Mirror Kira's ship was blown up in the last mirror episode, she escaped though.

Dark Horizons has news that the latest Star Trek XI attempt has been cancelled. This may be old news as I was sure there wasn't anyhting happening in the Star Trek movie world, but I thought I'd post it anyway as it is dated recently (Monday 27th Feb 2006).

It also contains some information about Trek TV projects:

Now that the merger between UPN and WB is in full swing, Mirabello is not optimistic about a small screen future either - "The TV side is now technically in control of the franchise's future, and Les Moonves hates all things Sci-Fi. However, I think this is actually for the best - the public needs to want to see Star Trek again. The best way to achieve this is to take it away for a few years and then bring it back and do it right. The franchise needs a totally new creative team, some time off, and a cool new approach".

Having someone in a position to axe all sci-fi because he hates it is.... for the BEST?

I guess killing the chances of any sci-fi on this channel is for the best to this guy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back