• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

Well, Chief also started it by himself at the end w/o touching Boomer. There was glass between. I just rewound my VCR tape. Both hands are pressing against glass. I think that's odd. They put emphasis on the touching yet they stick glass in there?

Did I read that right? VCR Tape? I'm sorry. I shouldn't, but I must:

*giggle*

I'm a grad student! We are poor. No DVR/Tivo for us. =) It's on my wish list of things to get after I graduate and get a good-paying job. Mmmmmmm. DVR. Until then, it's my sad little VCR that's on it's last leg.

Did I read that right? VCR Tape? I'm sorry. I shouldn't, but I must:

*giggle*

This would be less ironic if we weren't talking about an episode that included a casette tape on a spaceship.

And now on WBSG, DJ Daniel comin' at ya with the latest cassingle: A-side some boring generic piano music, B-side some crappy cover of All Along the Watchtower.

Hah!

Yea that was pretty funny. I forgot about that. Add it to the list of oddities about the show. Ships over a mile long that go faster than light, and they listen to music with a Sony Walkman.

Oh, and did anyone other than me think it was funny that Starbuck was giving away "Felgercarb" toothpaste?

Interesting way for them to finally introduce into this show the word that was "Swear word #2" in the original series.

Oh, and did anyone other than me think it was funny that Starbuck was giving away "Felgercarb" toothpaste?

Interesting way for them to finally introduce into this show the word that was "Swear word #2" in the original series.

Damn, you really remember old school BSG.

Yep. And Buck Rogers. And Star Trek TOS. And pretty much any of the other old sci-fi I grew up on. :)

You beat me to it. Came here to say the same thing. So episode #3 from the end moved the story along exactly NOT AT ALL. How the hell are they going to get it all done in the next 90min of episode time?

After the not really revelatory episode last week, I was expecting an actual explation for what's going on with Starbuck this week. But no. So now, we have two episodes leff to explain Starbuck, Hera, hallucinating people, resolve the conflict with Cavil, and wrap up everything else. I think there's going to end up being a LOT left unresolved.

Unless they feel they explained it. "Yep, that was her real DNA. It was her. She was dead. Now she is alive. REINCARNATION OWNZ JOO

Better be more than that..........

Unless they feel they explained it. "Yep, that was her real DNA. It was her. She was dead. Now she is alive. REINCARNATION OWNZ JOO

Better be more than that..........

That's pretty sad if they think that confirming her having died is some big revelation. I can't speak for everyone else, but I assumed her death as being real the moment she found her decayed body on Earth several episodes ago. What I've been waiting for is an explanation as to how that is possible! This episode certainly didn't give us anything resembling that.

And then there is as I posted before recently, this episode had more of the Roslin waiting to die and Adama waiting for the ship to fall apart. Way to give the characters something to do, writers! :rolleyes:

I mean seriously now, what actually happened in this episode? We had a scene in which it seemed that Boomer was telling the truth about having feelings for Tyrol last week (GKE will probably enjoy that), Starbuck accepted that she died (big whoop! explain why she's alive despite finding her dead body!), and Anders regained something resembling hybrid-level consciousness only to repeat stuff about Starbuck that we've already heard. Nothing new was added to the story with this episode.

This isn't the first time that this show has felt like it was spinning its wheels waiting to actually tell the story. It's rather annoying, to me, honestly.

Ok, for tonight's episode, I have one question:

Did anything actually happen in this episode?

Nothing at all. This episode was an absolute filler.

It looks like all of the answers are going to be dumped in the series finale, the same way a lot of answers were dumped in the episode about Ellen's resurrection.

Ok, for tonight's episode, I have one question:

Did anything actually happen in this episode?

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. I was coming here and I wondering "wtf do I write?"

I think this pretty much sums it up.

When fans can come up with more interesting storylines and "what ifs" than Moore, it's really a statement about the quality of the show (and not in a positive way.)

He's been known to say, "well, we don't have much more left and we're not sure what to do here," and now he's wasting precious episode time? So much to do in such a small space. Maybe the last episode will be some big secret cylon "head" that tells us everything and explains everything in a 30 minute monologue. YAY.

And hopefully they've ditched the Old Man drinking and crying episodes. It's fukkin old now and it's ruining the character.

Next week's preview felt equally as listless, imho.

And I think the final is 2 hours. Can't be sure, but I swear I read that somewhere.

Last edited:
Nothing happaned?! What do you mean nothing happened? All sorts of things happened! Baltar and 6 had an awkward moment. Adama and Roselyn smoked a j. Hera cried. It was chock full of action.

This was the "calm before the storm" episode. B5 had plenty of 'em, it was just that the whole thing was paced better so it played out stronger.

I think there's one more ep next week, then a 2-part finale (finales are usually doubles these days). That leaves 3 hrs, plenty of time to resolve the important stuff.

It's all about the song now, people, that All Along the Watchtower cover that Hera draws, Starbuck plays, and we've been making fun of for 2 yrs. They're all-in on making the Big Reveal about this tune the lynch-pin to pulling everything together.

Also, they did throw a bone to all the fans that obsess over the opera-house dream by bringing it back. It will be related to Caprica 6 losing her baby. I'm thinking she'll save Hera or something like that.

Starbuck is dead but has passed on to a new existence so they ALL must follow her into death for resurrection?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back