• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Interesting Contrast

vacantlook

Super Moderator
As I sit watching "Midnight On The Firing Line" yet once again, something intrigued me.

In the scene near the beginning when Sinclair and Ivanova are discussing possiblities of who could have attacked the Centauri, Sinclair says the Minbari couldn't have done it, that they're too honorable. This gets a bit of a shocked reply from Ivanova. Sinclair then replies that "the best way to understand someone is to fight 'em, make 'em angry. That's when you see the real person."

Now contrast this with Delenn's comment that a person's real face comes out when they're asleep as she mentioned when she watched Sheridan sleep in "Shadow Dancing."

It's a very interesting contrast: seeing one's true self at a state of complete rest and at a state of complete agitation.

Psychologists "just" found out that the position in which you sleep in can be an indicator of your innate personality.

Go figure.

...Sinclair says the Minbari couldn't have done it, that they're too honorable...

That bugs me alot. They are too honorable? In Earth-Minbari war, they would send a war cruiser to finish off a ship that sends distress call and can't fire on Sharlin, it doesn't posses any threath to them :mad:... Yeah.. just too damn honorable.. :(

...Sinclair says the Minbari couldn't have done it, that they're too honorable...

That bugs me alot. They are too honorable? In Earth-Minbari war, they would send a war cruiser to finish off a ship that sends distress call and can't fire on Sharlin, it doesn't posses any threath to them :mad:... Yeah.. just too damn honorable.. :(

Well... they were mad.

Different people have different concepts of what constitutes "honor".

The Minbari just seem to share most of Sinclair's concepts, by an amazing coincidence. :D

(Edit buttons are wonderful things...)

And the confusion atainable from their efficient use... is immeasurable, leaving far behind even the MSODBC text driver, widely considered a masterpiece of last-moment-surprises (due to its "just when you thought it would work" functionality). :p

And the confusion atainable from their efficient use... is immeasurable, leaving far behind even the MSODBC text driver, widely considered a masterpiece of last-moment-surprises (due to its "just when you thought it would work" functionality). :p

Ah. Being familiar with MS products, I always assumed that the ODBC Text driver could never possibly work, so I never bothered to attempt to use it... :p

For those of us who have been lucky enough to see the bloopers - probably at a con, or maybe if you're a friend of JMS, but definitely NOT through bootlegging...

One of my favorite moments is when Bruce Boxleitner, Sheridan himself, during the taping of Soul Mates...

hits his link...

and says...

"SINCLAIR, GO!"

The entire ensemble cast (during Mollari's 30th annerversary of ascension, which, if you remember, have several hunded extras!) laughs it up at the same time. Bruce falls over.

Hilarity ensues.

To go off on a brief tangent involving another thread, I can't blame Doyle for wanting to bring the show back. After seeing how efficiently it was run, how much fun they had, and the fact that most of the actors realize what a quality product they created... it must've been dream job.

I have officially forgotten at the end of this post what my original point was, but there you are.

-Tim

Back