• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Na'Toth: Season One, Season Two

vacantlook

Super Moderator
Na\'Toth: Season One, Season Two

I just finished watching the first three episodes of season two again, and I found myself thinking much about Na'Toth after watching her in "Revelations."

I find that I have a large degree of difficulty seeing Na'Toth of season two as the same character Na'Toth was in season one. Caitlin Brown's season one Na'Toth was amazing. She definitely made Na'Toth be one of my favorite lesser-seen characters. However, when Mary Kay Adams took over the role of Na'Toth in season two, the character just seemed to be so different that I can't really see the two as being the same character.

I find that, for me, it lessens my sort-of cognitive dissonance when watching the two different actors portray Na'Toth to think of Mary Kay Adams's Na'Toth as a completely different person who just happens to also have the name Na'Toth.

Am I alone in finding such an difficulty between the two, or are there others that find it somewhat irksome as well?

Re: Na\'Toth: Season One, Season Two

No offense mean't to Mary Kay Adams but I couldn't stand her portayal of Natoth and was glad to see that she did not continue in the role.J

She was supposed to play N'Toth the same, but once hired, she did it her way, pissing off JMS until he was forced to drop an asteroid on her. Julie Caitlin Brown got to wear the mask once more in Season 5.

Season 2 Na'Toth was so pale in comparison to Season 1, that I dont even REMEMBER the episodes the character was in during Season 2. What was it like 2-3 tops?

Na'Toth #1 was a three-dimentional character. Like every person aboard B5, she had her own agenda. Come Na'Toth #2, she had no agenda. Her devious, subtle qualities were discarded, and the only thing that remained was her service toward G'Kar.
Also, Caitlain Brown was a better actress. I would have hated to watched "The Parliament of Dreams" with Na'Toth 2.

Yea, the second Na'Toth wasn't memorable in any way. She was in the background and practically invisible.

Yep, season 1 Na'toth was very good. I too hardly remember her in season 2.

I'm glad that G'kar's first aide, Ko'dath, had that unfortunate accident with an airlock... :D

Season 2 Na'Toth was so pale in comparison to Season 1, that I dont even REMEMBER the episodes the character was in during Season 2. What was it like 2-3 tops?

Only "Points of Departure" and "Acts of Sacrifice". JMS was unusually blunt about her performance and departure, explaining that she played it well in the auditions then decided, on her own and against directions, to go low-key. So she was asked to leave.

JCB was a GREAT Na'Toth! She rocked! :D

I didn't like Mary Kay Adams playing her. She made Na'Toth look pasty and timid. :mad:

She was in "Revelations", but I don't think she was in "Points of Departure" if I remember correctly.

-Tim

I'm just getting done watching "The Parliament of Dreams" again. Damn! I love Caitlin Brown as Na'Toth! She's definitely the kind of person I'd want helping me out. She's humorous, confident, and capable: a fine example of a strong woman.

I miss her. :(

I'm watching Deathwalker right now, and I saw the part where Na'Toth kicks Jhadur's butt. :D

I still get shivers in my spine when I hear the line, "I tell you it is *she*!"

JCB rocked. Mary Kay sounds too much like a fairy tale name anyways.

-Tim

Yeah, JCB's Na'Toth was fiery indeed. Mary Kay's was too much like the Narn version of a Barbie doll. :LOL:

Back