B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Mind War
A -- Excellent 16 41.03%
B -- Good 16 41.03%
C -- Average 7 17.95%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 27th 21, 22:57   #101
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: Deathwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
I'm about to make the recap of Deathwalker. Again, please help me with my questions:

It's about the Telepaths:
The Vorlons made the Telepaths as weapons against the shadows, but in this episode we are told, that the Vorlons are cautious with Telepaths. Why would they? A theory mentioned in this thread is that they are just checking on their weapons. but then why are they known to be cautious about teeps in general.

Additionally: this does weave into the first question, but has nothing to do with this episode, so sorry for going off the rails here:
Didn't the shadows use Telepaths as pilots? How does that work, if Telepaths where meant to be the weapon against them??
Not sure if Vorlons are wary of all telepaths, but we did see that the Shadows had infiltrated Psi Corps, so that would explain some wariness.

Yes, the Shadows were 'importing' telepaths as components for their ships. But I always figured that was in order to turn their weakness into a strangth. Since telepaths could interfere with the gestalt between the human operating system and the Shadow vessels, using telepaths *as* that operating system would neutralize that weakness.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th 21, 11:36   #102
Moonface
Ranger

Re: EpDis: Deathwalker

Thanks for the input! So I gather there has never been given an answer to that in the show itself. Your ideas are good ones. If we assume, that the Vorlons know about the Shadows involvement with earth and the psi corps, they might as well just have checked, if Talia has been corrupted by the shadows...

The usage of telepaths as pilots that can shield themselves against other telepaths is a very good point indeed!
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote