B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > A new river > B5.reborn

Old October 6th 21, 04:30   #11
RW7427

Re: A thread about the future of B5TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kribu View Post
I was sceptical when I saw this news - still am, to be honest. But I have no doubt that JMS has things in mind that would make a reboot interesting and worth, at the very least, giving a try to.

So ... I guess I'm back here too. For those who remember me. It's been, uh, a few years, but it's nice to be back.
Yay!! It's nice to see you! I have thought about you from time to time and wondered how you are doing.
Old October 6th 21, 08:12   #12
Kribu
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
*Waves at Kribu* It certainly has been a long time. I hope you have been well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW7427 View Post
Yay!! It's nice to see you! I have thought about you from time to time and wondered how you are doing.
*waves back*

I've thought about you guys as well!
Unfortunately I lost my FB login data years ago (and no attempts at regaining it worked, not even sending in a photo of an official ID) and haven't even been able to check in there.

Not much has changed in my life, heh.

Anyway, I do hope this reboot works - and that it will bring some new life here, too. I've missed this place, and in spite of how much online life has changed in the last 20 years, I still think forums / message boards are the best platform for actual conversations and discussions.
Old October 7th 21, 03:47   #13
hypatia
First One

[QUOTE=Kribu;465474]
Quote:
Anyway, I do hope this reboot works - and that it will bring some new life here, too. I've missed this place, and in spite of how much online life has changed in the last 20 years, I still think forums / message boards are the best platform for actual conversations and discussions.
I have noticed that conversations are really short and not very two-way in social media. B5TV captured something very special and I do kind of miss the earlier days.
Old October 9th 21, 13:49   #14
Sinclair

Kribu, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...a long time. Wait, wrong franchise.

Welcome back!
Old October 9th 21, 16:54   #15
Kribu
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Kribu, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...a long time. Wait, wrong franchise.

Welcome back!
Thank you! It's really great to see people I remember still here.
Old October 9th 21, 19:10   #16
hypatia
First One

Quote:

Welcome back!
Aren't you supposed to say "Hello, old friend"?
Old October 9th 21, 22:22   #17
RW7427

Quote:
Quote:

Welcome back!
Old October 10th 21, 02:08   #18
Sinclair

Quote:
Quote:

Welcome back!
I don't want to call her old, especially considering how old I'm feeling these days! 😅
Old October 11th 21, 14:03   #19
Recoil
First One

Great post Anthony, and it's great seeing some of the old names in this thread and others. I'm definitely glad to see this forum still kicking around, and that it will be here for this new series. It will certainly be my go-to for discussions.

Similar to you, I was a bit skeptical when I saw this new series was going to be a reboot, but my skepticism lasted quite a bit less than yours I would think...probably the span of minutes or a couple hours, as I wrapped my head around it. At the end of the day, what you said rang true for me too: JMS is JMS. B5 is his baby and he will do right by it. It's going to be about us fans having the right expectations IMO. People expecting it to be "like" OG B5 may be disappointed. I'm not sure it needs to be the same, in fact, it may be better if it isn't. Being in the frame of mind to NOT compare the two series I think will be key.

This will be a new story, perhaps with some familiarity, and I think that's what I'm looking forward to most after all these years.

I do disagree about Sci-Fi being a "shadow" of it's former self. All the new Trek is pretty much rubbish, but for me, "The Expanse" has been the current Gold Standard for Sci-Fi for me the last few years and I love it. It's an amazing book series and the show has done a great job of converting it to television. I'm also hopeful about "Foundation" (although admittedly that's not an original work). I like what I've seen so far on Apple TV.

I think a new JMS story will fit in well, and there's clearly a need for good Sci-Fi. Hopefully the audience finds the show.
Old October 11th 21, 18:08   #20
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I have a friend who'd like to register but he says registration is closed?
I checked the settings and it appears that we are open for new registrations. Let me know if there are still problems.
I sent you a PM several days ago. Any word? I haven't heard from him that he's been approved. Thanks!

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote